Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something I have been putting together for a while.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I have been putting together for a while.

This is something I have been doing over a few weeks, one of those things you do when you get fed up with the bread and butter pieces LOL.
    A quick snapshot with a camera so you can;'t see the top view, the middle flower has a red stamen that is just peeking out if you look carefully. Should last a bit longer than a bunch of flowers LOL.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Very nice work Peter which shows a great touch. There is lots of inspiration in flowers and gardens. I bought a bunch of reeds from a basket maker a few years ago with with the intention of doing some flowery things but never got round to it. You might of inspired me now so watch this space.

Comment

Wow! That is amazing! That must have taken a lot of time and a steady hand, well done!
      For an eclectic range of cross stitch kits visit Midnight Curiosity

Comment

It's lovely, great shapes
        Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

How inspirational. Where do you get your ideas from I wonder.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Beautiful Pete, lucky the lady that gets that as her Valentines bouquet. Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Thank you people. Inspiration comes mostly when I am actually doing something Carol. Often I will start making something and then change my mind as the wood starts to take shape or I see colours or grain pattern in it. This one is a one off that I made with someone in mind (a lucky lady Mo yes) though the idea has been in my head for ages. Doing it as a bouquet sort of thing came about as I was trying to think what to do with them as the original idea was as a single one. Sort of went of from there. I have done some things totally off the cuff which is by far my preferred way of working though to earn money I need to do more mundane ordinary things. When I get bored I lose concentration, p[otentially dangerous with a lathe so I usually take an hour out and do something like this or the vase one I posted before going back to the bread and butter stuff.

Pete
              "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
              Facebook

Website

Comment

Fabulous - and definitely art as well as craft.

Lucky lady!

Linda

Comment

That is beautiful!
                  Blog
                  http://minervascrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's lovely. I was going to say it would make a good centrepiece at a craft show, but I don't think you do many fairs, Pete, and anyway, it's spoken for.
                    Celia
                    I can't be creative and tidy too
                    www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
                    The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
                    Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Thank you. This is definitely a one off though with the owners permission it is perhaps something I could do mre of if it didn;'t detract from the uniqueness of this piece for her. I'll have to see what she says LOL. It was fun to do I must admit though frustrating as I was never fully happy with it.....actually I am never happy with anything I make really, always seeing ways of improving it.

Pete
                      Facebook

Website

Comment

Really nice Pete, there are loads of possibilities for flowers, would look nice in any shop display or for a wedding table centre piece?
                        Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
                        Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

Comment

Working...
                        X