Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In between buttons and things I made............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In between buttons and things I made............

Click thumbnail for large images

It is yew, 7" tall, 6" diameter and 1 1/2" thick. The rim is dyed, gilded and textured. A little bit of bark, sort of my trademark LOL

I'll put it in the shop later.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Lovely pot like the textured rim Pete. Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Thank you Mo, not something I've done a lot of but I want to do more.

pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Beautiful piece of wood - and work as usual. Definitely unusual to have the textured rim and I think it works well.

Linda

Comment

I love it too. The natural pattern in the wood is beautiful. mmm ... I can just picture it in my living room ... sigh....!

x

Comment

Originally posted by Lorrelle View Post
            I love it too. The natural pattern in the wood is beautiful. mmm ... I can just picture it in my living room ... sigh....!

x
            Well Pete said it was going in his shop shortly Lorrelle LOL

Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Looks awesome

Would be interesting to see some inlay work similar to the rosettes on acoustic guitars on future ones where you've done the pattern on the top
              Crafter of little cube character plush toys

Cubely.co.uk

DeviantArt Profile
              Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas! View Post
                Looks awesome

Would be interesting to see some inlay work similar to the rosettes on acoustic guitars on future ones where you've done the pattern on the top
                Thank you Thomas

Inlay is not exactly easy and whilst I have been turning for a number of years, decorative work is fairly new to me. What you are talking about is pretty much marquetry and though something I would love to do probably not in the immediate future. I am looking into doing some sort of inlay work though using resin and various other objects. Watch this space LOL.
                Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
                X