Boxes for boys for a change!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxes for boys for a change!!

Here's some pics of a couple of boxes a customer of mine commissioned recently, she calls her boys Jakey Snake and Charlie Bumble!! Was so nice to do something for the boys for a change rather than girly and pink, LOL.

The trick now is to make sure they are wrapped up and protected enough so as not to be damaged once posted ... if they ever get there, a clock and peg rail I posted two weeks ago STILL haven't arrived!!
    Last edited by Sommerwood; 29-07-2007, 02:48 PM. Reason: Helps to add the pics!!!!
    Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

They are lovely. I find it very easy to do girls things but there just do not seem to be the boys things on the market nowadays, so well done for coming up with some!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

They look grr=eat 9as does all your work!). What does DOW mean?
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

They look great (as does all your work!). What does DOW mean?
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by katian_krafts View Post
          They look great (as does all your work!). What does DOW mean?
          I think it might be the surname!
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Doh!!! How dumb am I? Because it had a date underneath I was thinking along the lines of Date of Birth, but though can't be that because of the 'W'. can I have another weekend please, obviously the one I had wasn't good enough to rest my brain!!!
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

They look fab!!! And big enough to put all the 'first things' in!! I have a wooden box for each of my boys and its got in the first haircut (no nit hehehe!), all my maternity records (when I remembered to photocopy them) and such stuff!

I had a visitor book for each of them that all who visited had to write something, I took a picture and then stuck it next to the sentiment. It's great to look back and see the changes in people over the 2 years between my boys being born.

I'm such a sucker for things like that!!

Comment

They are really beautiful - I know what you mean I find it is easy to do girly/women things but when it comes to making something for boys/men my mind goes blank - great taking inspiration from their mums pet names for them though!!

Great work.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks everyone Yes 'Dow' is the surname, LOL!!

She has sent me the lovliest e-mail after I sent her pics of them, and left wonderful feedback on my website and I haven't even posted them out yet, bless her. So I hope she will be just as chuffed when she does receive them!!
                  Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

I really like the way you've done the text for the names with the snakes for Jake and the bumble bee buzzes for Charlie. Excellent attention to detail!
                    www.andamento.co.uk ...my website
                    http://andamentoblog.blogspot.com/ ... my blog

Comment

Working...
                    X