No announcement yet.

Just delivered my first wedding cake!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just delivered my first wedding cake!!

I was SOOOO nervous! This was my first three tier wedding cake that I've done totally on my own (my mum usually does them). It's not great, but it was for a friend and she really did get mates rates- I charged her £85, so only made a tiny, tiny bit on it. I did as she wanted, but when I spoke to the florist, she thought the gaps between the tiers were too small to put flowers in. Think she was having a stressful day though (she couldn't find the bride when she went to deliver the bouquets!) as she soon said that she would do something and it would be fine. I'm so worried it'll look awful. Anyway, I've done what the customer wanted and it's out of my hands now. From my point of view, I was fairly happy with it as a first go
    Ballderdash & Bunting
    Twitter (Ballderdash & Bunting)
    [B]The Ark Man
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am Ballderdash, the blog[COLOR=#0000CD]

Its a fantasticly classical looking cake you should be proud, would love to see a picture of the finished article though too and am sure the "word of mouth" advertising will be worth the mates rates :-) here's hoping there were a few brides to be at the wedding today as well

* well done * though may it be the first of many

Francesca
    * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
    Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

Thank you I really hope they're going to get some decent pics of it that I can use. I was invited to the evening do, but DH has to work, so I can't go. I'd have loved to see it with flowers
      Ballderdash & Bunting
      Twitter (Ballderdash & Bunting)
      [B]The Ark Man
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am Ballderdash, the blog[COLOR=#0000CD]

Comment

Working...
      X