Never Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Again!

Ok so having a website is a royal pain in the proverbial *** lol! But thanks to all the great advice from you guys I've hopefully worked it a bit better this time...

Would anyone mind telling me if they think is better/worse/just as bad lol!? So long as it looks sort of attractive and one can read it, I guess that's all I can ask until I get more used to the software...

I'm still adding links to other crafter's websites/facebook pages/online shop pages, so if anyone would like some free promo and wants me to add theirs just PM me or leave a comment here!

www.morgannacraft.co.uk
    www.morgannacraft.co.uk
    Facebook fan page!

Looks good to me. One question though. In the index down the side, how did you get yours ordered out of alphabetical order? That's something I haven't figured out on mine

pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

Looks great! Well done you - tweaking is a real pain but well worth it in the end!
      Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
      Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
      Follow me on Twitter:
      @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Looks nice and clear to read and the info is good as well

Francesca
        * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
        Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
          Looks good to me. One question though. In the index down the side, how did you get yours ordered out of alphabetical order? That's something I haven't figured out on mine

pete
          I found out by accident! When you go into 'edit sidebar' you go to 'site layout' on the left, then in the centre of the page it shows 'header', 'side bar' and 'page content', click 'edit' under 'navigation' under the side bar bit. It brings up 'configure navigation' and there should be a tick box that says 'Automatically organize my navigation'. You can then use the little grey arrows on the side to move the pages into the order you want. I really hope that made sense lol...

Thanks guys - really hope websites are worth the eye strain lol
          www.morgannacraft.co.uk
          Facebook fan page!

Comment

The gallery is a huge improvement on last time and well worth all your effort.

On my screen your text is still showing odd breaks as before. In the gallery I imagine it is a positioning issues with the pics and text wrapping? and I'm wondering if the other odd line breaks are because the text is justified or if you copied & pasted the text from a word doc...if its the latter you may need to go in an manually clean it up as importing word docs can leave you with oddities that don't show up on preview. Some systems now have an auto clean up that takes out the symbols but many don't import formatting - including actual line breaks and spacing and itallics etc.

You are right about websites being a pain...but once you get it how you want it, it'll be easier to maintain.

Comment

Well done in getting your website up and running. I've recently been in the same position and your title "Never Again!" made me lol!!!! I know exactly how you feel. I think your's is great as it's clean, simple and direct which couldn't be better.

Good luck from your fellow website launch hater hehehe
              Anna xx

Check out my website www.maggieangus.com
              Folksy
              Facebook Page
              Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X