Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incywincy... teddy?

Hi, have been doing this today….
    (still can’t get my pics sized down to fit on here? So have attached picture trail link)
    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...17&uid=7216427

Its something I want to add to my website (still a work in progress), but can you give me some feedback and a little help!

~ British Standards? I won’t be using the buttons, but its for baby/toddlers so will I need to get it tested? Does anyone know where any test centres are??
    ~ What shall I call them? As I’ve got my i.w togs (baby wear) i.w pods (nursery)… was thinking maybe incywincybods ???

Oh yes, I am a perfectionist so please say what you really think so I can make it better!! I am really pleased with it so far, love the fact that its all face on the front, but has trousers on the back! (If that makes sense!) Just needs tweaking and not sure how!

Thanks x
    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
    ___

He's cute!

The button eyes are kind of scary, although I know you won't be using them. How about embroidering nice black eyes with a tiny white reflection dot?

incywincybods sounds good, my middle son was called The Bod, as a little baby.....13 soon!

Does your bod rattle or make a noise?

Local trading standards will be able to tell you your nearest testing office, or an address to mail to.

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
      The button eyes are kind of scary, although I know you won't be using them. How about embroidering nice black eyes with a tiny white reflection dot?

incywincybods sounds good, my middle son was called The Bod, as a little baby.....13 soon!

Does your bod rattle or make a noise?

Local trading standards will be able to tell you your nearest testing office, or an address to mail to.

Jules
      Thanks Jules, was thinking of doing eyes exactly as you said! they do look a bit freaky atm!
      Had not thought about any noises?
      incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
      ___

Comment

Activity Blanket...

The Bod had one, and it had touchy feely things, and rattly bits, but one area had what sounded like crinkling cellophane inside, and Jamie loved it more that the other sounds. It wasn't hugely loud but it seemed to have an attraction!

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts
        www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
          The Bod had one, and it had touchy feely things, and rattly bits, but one area had what sounded like crinkling cellophane inside, and Jamie loved it more that the other sounds. It wasn't hugely loud but it seemed to have an attraction!

Jules
          yep, know what you mean. Some of my gcse girls did baby play mats and got some ... will have a think about that as its a nice idea x
          ___

Comment

apparently babies goes mad for that crinkly sound. it'd give it a nice edge on the competition. i love the shape
            Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
            Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

Originally posted by handmadeheaven.biz View Post
              apparently babies goes mad for that crinkly sound. it'd give it a nice edge on the competition. i love the shape
              Thanks. (Will pm you tomorrow btw, had a busy weekend!) x
              ___

Comment

They're great!...Love the shape. It's a pity you have to loose the button...I understand why you need to get rid but the 'look' of the button eyes fits so well..If you're thinking about adding extra bits you can always add may a teething ring to the legs, fixed with a loop of material...btw my Uncle is something to do with trading standards so i'l ask him about testing etc and get back to you
                Phil
                Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

I know a testing house in Leeds called High Street Textile Testing,I used used them in my old company for all sorts of textile testing, I don't know if they would do toy testing but because its on fabric they may. If you want phone numbers let me know. Sorry meant to say , you can post the product there, you don't need to be local...we weren't.
                  Amanda
                  xx

Comment

Originally posted by colourart View Post
                    I know a testing house in Leeds called High Street Textile Testing,I used used them in my old company for all sorts of textile testing, I don't know if they would do toy testing but because its on fabric they may. If you want phone numbers let me know. Sorry meant to say , you can post the product there, you don't need to be local...we weren't.
                    Thanks colourart, but a friend has pretty much give me all the info I need now and details of a test centre near me. Ta x
                    ___

Comment

Originally posted by glasskanvas View Post
                      They're great!...Love the shape. It's a pity you have to loose the button...I understand why you need to get rid but the 'look' of the button eyes fits so well..If you're thinking about adding extra bits you can always add may a teething ring to the legs, fixed with a loop of material...btw my Uncle is something to do with trading standards so i'l ask him about testing etc and get back to you
                      Phil
                      Thanks x x another option was to make the eyes look like buttons with the embroidery machine. ? will have an experiment.
                      Any more info from your Uncle would be great x
                      ___

Comment

Working...
                      X