My first attempts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first attempts!

Live I've said before, I'm really new to jewellery making. In fact I only really have one design lol.

But I'm quite proud of it as a first attempt and I've sold four sets already which I don't think is bad in a couple of months just as a hobby??

Anyhows, I thought I'd let you all see and ask you what you think? And if you wanted you could maybe tell me how I could improve on them?

Be gentle!! :-P

(My attachments aren't working so I've posted them on imageshack)

img31.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=sdc11641.jpg

Lou Lou's Luxuries on Folksy

MonkeyLouLou's Blog

Facebook Fan Page

Tweet Tweet (twitter)

Lovely work... no wonder your are proud of it

As you are having trouble with attachments, why not add a gallery to your profile on the forum for people to see your work.

Comment

I think they're lovely - I would definitely be tempted by the necklaces at a craft fair/shop.
      I wouldn't be very good at constructive criticism from a jewellers point of view I'm afraid, as I'm new to jewellery making myself (so far I've made 2 sets of earrings!!)

Comment

Yay I'm glad you like them

At the moment I'm selling the necklaces and earrings as a set for £10, someone said they think I could sell them for more but I don't know if people would pay that much?

I'm currently trying to come up with some more designs and have just this second made a matching bracelet. I'm going to try and find a fair to sell them at soon, or maybe festivals??

MonkeyLouLou's Blog

Facebook Fan Page

Tweet Tweet (twitter)

Comment

Nice work. I could see some of the necklaces over long sweaters in the winter.
          If you are in need of some help with how to price and market your jewellery, take a look at the Jewellery Making Home Business Guide It's completely free and is designed to help answer your kind of questions . ( I used to get them all the time when I first started selling beads.)

Let me know how you get on.
          Allison
          www.cardtoppers4crafts.com
          www.epbeads.co.uk/freeguide

Comment

Originally posted by baines View Post
            Nice work. I could see some of the necklaces over long sweaters in the winter.
            If you are in need of some help with how to price and market your jewellery, take a look at the (wont let me post the url lol) It's completely free and is designed to help answer your kind of questions . ( I used to get them all the time when I first started selling beads.)

Let me know how you get on.
            Have just had a quick look through and it seems really helpful! I'll have a proper read with a cup of tea soon. Thanks!

MonkeyLouLou's Blog

Facebook Fan Page

Tweet Tweet (twitter)

Comment

oh they are lovely! I especially liked the cream rose and cream beads one, but liked them all really! Well done. I knew to this too and doing bracelets, also can't put URLs to my pics on yet but have just uploaded some pics to the my craft forum album and will post a new thread shortly.
              Nicola

My Webpage (finally finished - ish!) www.thejewellerygirl.co.uk

My Blog: http://thejewellerygirl.blogspot.com/
              Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Je...0585549&ref=nf
              Folksy: http://www.folksy.com/shops/TheJewelleryGirl

So many beads................so little time!

Comment

They're good keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                X