Introducing Freckles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Freckles...

OK, i was going to wait until i had made some cards with her before introducing her to you...but to be honest i couldn't wait!!

Meet Freckles! I wish i could say she was hand drawn then scanned in etc, but my artistic skills are not that great and my scanner isn't working properly(though i did try!) Instead She was created in Paint Shop Pro from scratch (she says proudly ) which took me...well...hours!!

I created her, firstly as i have run out of money for stamps this month but mainly because I decided i wanted something of my own that i could do with as i please without worrying about copyright laws etc!

I am actually really pleased with how she turned out! It's actually a really satisfying feeling to see something go from mind to screen!

I have a few card designs in mind for her which i will start on today and will try and post up tonight or tomorrow.

I would really like your opinions of her...Blokey thinks her legs are too thin and i think they are too short but because we couldn't agree i have left as is for now!

Jo
    x

www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Hi Jo,

I think Freckles is fantastic! Really good. It is very difficult to create something new and stylistic from scratch and you ahve done a great job. I can see how Freckles could be used within your cards in lots of ways, as an ongoing series. She will give you great branding too. Very impressive.

Best of luck with your projects and pop them up on the forum so we can see them as you create them!!

Steve
    Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
    www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
    Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

Thanks Steve!!

In regards to a series, i do have a partner in crime in mind for her - "Fred" but think i will have a rest and some fun with her before starting on him!

Thanks again

Jo

Comment

She is lovely!

I think her legs are perfect as they are!

Comment

I agree with claireybear, I don't think she needs changing at all.

Love her face!! well done
          Diane
          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Love the spotty shoes! Goes with the freckles! Great idea!!!
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

she's so cute! ..looking forward to seeing your stamp ranges in shops in the future!

Comment

Yep She is very cool!! I am sure you find lots of ways of using her in your cards! Well done!!
                Rach

Facebook
                Website
                Blog
                Folksy

Comment

She is lovely!
                  Cynthia
                  http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by boden girl View Post
                    looking forward to seeing your stamp ranges in shops in the future!
                    Ooooh i never thought of stamp ranges!! **mind starts ticking...he he!!** Wouldn't know where to start...but if she ever gets that far then i will give you first refusal on testing!!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words!! Will leave her legs as is then

Jo
                    x

Comment

fab love the spotty shoes
                      www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

I love her! She is just perfect....clever you
                        Sarah

Comment

Fatter legs?

Pete
                          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                          Facebook

Website

Comment

She's beautiful, well done you! I wouldn't have a clue where to start but she'll look great on everything x
                            Lorna x

http://twistedspiral.wordpress.com/ - I've finally ventured into the world of blogging!

Comment

She really is lovely and well done you!!

Pauline
                              Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Working...
                              X