What should the dragon say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should the dragon say?

Here's a couple of doorhangers I made over the weekend - the sort you can hang on the doorhandle and flip over to show whether you want company or not.

I fudged the scans to show both sides of each one...

I meant to close the eyes of the "Shhh... I'm asleep" side, but forgot! Too late now...

I'm not sure what this dragon should say... "Come in" and "Go away!", or "Come on in" and "I'm sleeping", or something else?
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

It looks like a "keep out!" dragon to me!!! Maybe with a "come in" on the other side. Definitely no sleeping going on from that dragon I don't think. Very cool dragons by the way.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

i agree with Indri - and I love those dragons
      www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Remembering when my boys were at home - how about - "Enter at your peril!"

or - "no one over 21 allowed"

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Can't think of anything polite - but the dragons are adorable!
          "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
          Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
          http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great idea and such cute little dragons, wish I could help with captions i'm hopeless!

Kim xx
            www.kimmsmith.etsy.com

www.facebook.com/kimsmithcharmbracelets

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
              Remembering when my boys were at home - how about - "Enter at your peril!"

or - "no one over 21 allowed"

Jane

That's exactly what I was going to say, enter at your peril!

or how about, "come in and I'll burn your bum!!!" or "come in cos i'm feeling peckish"

maybe not
              Diane
              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Scorch View Post

I'm not sure what this dragon should say... "Come in" and "Go away!", or "Come on in" and "I'm sleeping", or something else?
                They are all great... but I definitely agree that this one looks very mischievious, as though sleep is the last thing on his mind lol.

I think I'd go for something simple like "Come in" or "Keep Out" although Jane's suggestion of "Enter at your own peril" is a good one too
                Last edited by Fluffy Squirrel; 07-05-2009, 09:36 PM.

Comment

How about 'Ready for fun/mischief' and 'Bye Bye' or 'Danger monsters about' and 'All burnt out, need to refuel'. They are cute dragons, love the first pair you showed though.
                  www.morningstarcraft.blogspot.com
                  www.MorningStarCraft.co.uk
                  http://www.facebook.com/MorningStarCraft
                  http://twitter.com/dawnstar8

Comment

Come in and play! and Go Away!
                    Terry xxx
                    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                    Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

I meant to close the eyes of the "Shhh... I'm asleep" side, but forgot! Too late now...

Been there and done that and it's not a situation where an eraser is of any use

I think Amber's suggestion is a good one. That dragon looks too darn cute for anything that sounds threatening. I have a cabinet full of dragons, so I like all yours Scorch.

Comment

Thank you everyone! I think I like Aviya Glass's suggestions best for this one - "Come in and play!" and "Go Away!". But I can see myself definitely using the other ideas on more hangers... thanks everyone, for your help!
                        Cheers,
                        Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                        Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Working...
                        X