My last piece of quilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last piece of quilling

Here it is, just finished and framed, and will be going up on a wall somewhere in my house when I decide where!!!

I used gold and copper edged papers for parts of the cross, and the crucifix in the middle is real gold. I think it might be 18ct, but I can't remember. I bought it some years back with the thought of doing a project like this and only got round to it this year! I've been trying to play catch up with some of my ideas more recently.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

That is lovely, I wish I could see it close up - to see all the intricate work.

Love the dove

Did it take long?

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I'll have to take some close ups then. The dove probably took me 30-45 mins. The cross took the longest! I started it in January, but had to stop doing it as I couldn't use my lap tray with my growing bump and didn't have the time to decamp into the coservatory where I can sit by the table! Took me about 2-3 hours to do Moses parting the waters....
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
        I'll have to take some close ups then. The dove probably took me 30-45 mins. The cross took the longest! I started it in January, but had to stop doing it as I couldn't use my lap tray with my growing bump and didn't have the time to decamp into the coservatory where I can sit by the table! Took me about 2-3 hours to do Moses parting the waters....
        Wow - such patience!!!!

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

That is a fantastic work of art, I bet when the sun catches it all the gold comes to life!

Well done, you have such patience!
          Diane
          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Some close ups
            View my flickr

Comment

It's beautiful!
              "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
              Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
              http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

That is amazing. There is some hours work there and it looks so fragile too. I'd never seen quilling or heard about it until I saw yours on here.
                Carol
                God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Though I've seen the materials for sale I have never seen any actually done before. At first I didn't think much of it to be honest as the detail doesn't show in the picture. Looking at the closeups I can see what it is really like and it is lovely, the intricacy and detail is really effective.

Pete
                  "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

Wow!. The detail is amazing. You can really see how much work must have gone into it in the close up photos. I wish I had your patience!
                    my website: www.thelittleglasskiln.co.uk
                    twitter: www.twitter.com/littleglasskiln

Comment

i really like that its beautiful!!!

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

Thanks guys and gals... it's one of the few things I have any patience with!!! It surprises some people that I have any patience with it!
                        View my flickr

Comment

What a beautiful picture, why not put it in the nursery for when bump is baby? stunning
                          * Julie *

If you clicked the scales to add rep points then thankyou very much

SMILE AND THE WHOLE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU!

http://twitter.com/juliemarley
                          http://withlovexx.blogspot.com/
                          http://www.facebook.com/juliemarley64

Comment

I've next got to play "hunt the alphabet". I did a quilled alphabet which was in my room at my parents, and it's no longer on the wall so I assume it came down with all the other pictures that were up and I have no idea where it went! I'd love it to go in the nursery!!!
                            View my flickr

Comment

Beautiful. I love the dove and angel. All those different shapes to crease and curl, brilliant That's a nice idea of it above baby, looking over her/him.
                              Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Working...
                              X