Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Untitled artwork *in progress*

Okay two things.

Firstly, I found my acrylics today and got the sudden urge to paint.

Secondly, what you need to understand about me is that I am a sci fi geek. I make no apologies for this

Wth those details in place, I present Talyn from Farscape. Spaceships are cool.

Click here for larger size.

I'm hoping to get the base colour on tonight, but it'll depend on kids and time. Updates as and when, LOL.
    Last edited by creativefae; 29-04-2009, 11:10 PM.
    Fae ~ Designed by Fae
    My blogs: Jewellery - General Crafting

I dont watch it but it definately looks like a real spaceship to me.
    How big is the drawing?
    What colours will it be?

When you found your acrylics did you happen to notice my watercolours that I havnt seen for years?I cant find them anywhere.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

can't wait to see it when it is finished.

What colours are you going for?

How big will it be?

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Space ships are awesome!
        "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
        Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
        http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Talyn? So what's Moya done wrong? Nice repro.

Comment

Wow. Rather a quicker response than I was expecting!

Okay. Size is 8x10". The ship will be black and red, background will be an orange and yellow nebula (centre through to left) the rest will be a very deep blue.

Sorry Seahorse, I didn't find any watercolours.

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            Talyn? So what's Moya done wrong? Nice repro.
            Nothing. I just have an inclination towards hybrid warships and just possibly the ambiguous ex-Peacekeeper piloting it
            Fae ~ Designed by Fae

Comment

Crais?????...................ambiguous?????....... .........now if we were talking about Chiana.................Mmmmmmmmmm..

Comment

Morally ambiguous. Chiana is ambiguous in a whole different way

But hey Peter. Nice to meet a fellow fan ;D
                Fae ~ Designed by Fae

Comment

.................sat here cuddling the twin set of 'peacekeeper wars'.............

Comment

Don't you mean "The John & Aeryn Show" I was never interested in that storyline, so I haven't seen PKW.

So when dd you get into it? I remember the Radio Times running an article on it in 1999, a few weeks before the Beeb started airing it, so I watched right from the start.

Ten years ago. Wow, that makes me feel old!

And this is so turning into a geek thread, LOL (not that I mind - I could talk Farscape til hind legs fall off donkeys)
                    Fae ~ Designed by Fae

Comment

I watched Farscape...only because i thought that guy John was hot! Not sure i see it now...
                      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

PKW is definitely worth a look, it not only ties up the loose ends, but there's more of Scorpy and the Scarrans than John & Mummy in it! Yep...............seems like I've been there forever - I remember Moya when she didn't have to go through a hormonal crisis with every starburst! OK...................this is showing a geek side of me that nobody knows about!

Comment

handcrafted... we were all young and impressionable once. Just keep taking the tablets

Aw there's nothing wrong with being a geek Peter. Embrace geekdom!

Anyway, posting an update!

Fae ~ Designed by Fae

Comment

So I spend some time this afternoon doing the rest of the background

Then tonight I've started on Talyn. Still some finer detailing to do, but I'm really rather pleased in how he's turned out
                            Fae ~ Designed by Fae

Comment

Fab! I really love the background... big sci-fi geek here!
                              "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                              Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                              http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X