Stone Circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Circle

I made this one on the same morning as 'Rings of Neon' but have only now sorted out a photo that shows off the colours adequately...

***EDIT*** This is a new photo - I've rearranged the stones and added a jump ring to separate at the 'v'

I nicked a bit of chain off an old necklace and used headpins to make the links.
    Last edited by Madly Creating; 28-04-2009, 03:08 PM.
    "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
    Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
    http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Madly Creating View Post
    I made this one on the same morning as 'Rings of Neon' but have only now sorted out a photo that shows off the colours adequately...

I nicked a bit of chain off an old necklace and used headpins to make the links.
    Did you drill the pebbles?? or did they come pre drilled and polished?? they look very tactile.

Comment

They came that way.... I struggled with the urge to stick something in the middle, but I think they look better this way.
      "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James

Comment

They came that way.... I struggled with the urge to stick something in the middle, but I think they look better this way.
        Yes there is something primitive yet elegant about them.. I am sure not to everybody's taste, but thank goodness or we would all wear identical outfits..

Mind you, only for "sedate" ladies.. *giggle* - run for a bus in that and it's next stop dentist!!

Comment

Sent you a PM.. dont hit me!

Comment

*L* No, your comments are totally valid.... I'm not what you'd call 'sedate', but I think this is a good one for wearing to the office

Comment

*L* No, your comments are totally valid.... I'm not what you'd call 'sedate', but I think this is a good one for wearing to the office
              Office yes, though I think it's also very much the kind of thing those women who seem so effortlessly yet stylishly put together all the time wear (don't you just "hate" them for it too!).. gliding in and out of Harvey Nicholls with a red hot Amex card!

Comment

Originally posted by sparkysdad View Post
                Office yes, though I think it's also very much the kind of thing those women who seem so effortlessly yet stylishly put together all the time wear (don't you just "hate" them for it too!).. gliding in and out of Harvey Nicholls with a red hot Amex card!
                I'm sure I can arrange to take Amex or Visa

Comment

I like it, think it's very dramatic. Glad you didn't put anything in the holes, I think that would detract from the stones.
                  Elinor
                  x

My Misi page
                  Follow me on Twitter

Comment

That's very different. Not my style, but I admire your innovation and craftwork.

Linda

Comment

Aren't Amex cards green or blue?

It is an interesting piece of work that is growing on me - I think I like it it - would need to see it in the "flesh"

Jane
                      www.just-soaps.com
                      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Very unique! Not what I would wear but I think for the office it would be ideal, it's bold, I like it!

Kim xx
                        www.kimmsmith.etsy.com

www.facebook.com/kimsmithcharmbracelets

Comment

Love the colours and the shape. I can see it being worn at work in an office too (and I'm anything but sedate!!!)
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                            Love the colours and the shape. I can see it being worn at work in an office too (and I'm anything but sedate!!!)
                            I think my "sedate" comment is being misinterpreted! I just thought with it being stones, and with a long pendant part, if you were the kind of lady who vigorously runs for the bus, you might end up with a pebble in your gnashers!!

Comment

I think my "sedate" comment is being misinterpreted! I just thought with it being stones, and with a long pendant part, if you were the kind of lady who vigorously runs for the bus, you might end up with a pebble in your gnashers!!

no worries for me then, as I run for nothing!
                              Diane
                              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                              X