What a picture!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a picture!

I'm currently working on some 'smaller' items to sell at fairs and possibly in shops. Over the last few days I've been making some photo frames using glass mosaic tiles, so would appreciate your opinions. Quite often people see my work as more of a bathroom item, but I'm hoping these would appeal to people for bedrooms and lounges?

I've taken photos at different angles and included them in my listings, including the back, to show the quality of the frame. Is this ok do you think?

I'd also like some feedback on the price - I'm asking £15.00 each, due the quality of the tiles, photo frame and taking into account the time it takes me to make them. How does this sound? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Katianne; 16-04-2009, 09:05 PM.
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Love them, in fact I would be more likely to buy a picture frame than a mirror.

Do they come with piccy in or can buyer put their own in?

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
      Love them, in fact I would be more likely to buy a picture frame than a mirror.

Do they come with piccy in or can buyer put their own in?

Jane
      No, the pictures are just for display purposes Thanks Jane!
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

They're very well made and attractive colours.

However it's difficullt to get people to disassociate tiles from bathrooms and kitchens - particularly plain tiles and white grouting.

Do you have any textured tiles to hand and can you colour your grouting?
        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
        website
        blog

Comment

I love them, I'm sure they would sell.
          Following on from Elaine's post would they appeal to people who like stained glass if you used grey grouting?

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
            I've made these using vitreous glass tiles in the past, which are textured? I do have some pink pigment which can be added to grout to colour it and can buy this in other colours, so think I might invest in some! Thanks Elaine!

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
            I love them, I'm sure they would sell.
            Following on from Elaine's post would they appeal to people who like stained glass if you used grey grouting?

Melanie
            Great idea! I've got some grey grout so again will try this out too!

Thanks for the valuable feedback !
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

They're great, like the idea of the grout being coloured to match too.
              Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
                They're very well made and attractive colours.

However it's difficullt to get people to disassociate tiles from bathrooms and kitchens - particularly plain tiles and white grouting.

For once, I am going to have to disagree with Elaine ( sorry Elaine),(not going to take a point away)

My daughter-in-law has just been round, I showed them to her and she thought they were great.

On the Med, tiles are used for all sorts of things, not just bathrooms and kitchens.

So an oldy and a youngy both like them

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                  For once, I am going to have to disagree with Elaine ( sorry Elaine),(not going to take a point away)

My daughter-in-law has just been round, I showed them to her and she thought they were great.

On the Med, tiles are used for all sorts of things, not just bathrooms and kitchens.

So an oldy and a youngy both like them

Jane
                  Thanks Jane! I think I'll do both, to make sure they appeal to everyone. I personally like the white grout as I think it brings out the colours and makes them look really fresh, but I've also used coloured grout in other pieces and it looks good too.

I've been making candle holders this afternoon and have used white grout - I seem to have being using it automatically! I'm going to make some more tomorrow though using grey so I can compare them.
                  Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I think they look great. I don't think £15 is too steep either. I think they should sell well.
                    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I think they look really good as they are.
                      Cynthia
                      http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

the purple one is my favourite. very lovely, simple but really effective. id love a brown tones one
                        Vicky

http://craftystamp.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ms1984 View Post
                          id love a brown tones one
                          Hold that thought...there will be one shortly!
                          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

i like the colours.
                            Killer Craft blog http://anti-craft.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by killercraft View Post
                              i like the colours.
                              you mean there is something you actually like?????????
                              Diane
                              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                              X