My christening card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My christening card

I finally came up with an idea for a christening card, after getting some inspiration from forum members as I was out of it! So here is what I came up with Quite pleased with it as I've never made a christening card before and so was out of ideas.

Hope you all like it.

View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

It's lovely

I really like the way it incorporates a religious symbol aswell as the baby theme - so many christening cards seem to ignore the fact that it is actually a religious ceremony
    http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
    Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
    My Facebook

Comment

I didn't want it to look too much like it was just a rehashed new baby card, especially as they will have already had cards on the baby theme when their daughter was born, and I didn't want to make it too overly religious as they are not frequent churchgoers! All I need now is to decide what to write on the inside!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Oooh yes that is really nice, perfect for a christening card!

Comment

That's lovely, very simple & elegant & I also like the way you've combined the baby image & the religious image. Really good
          "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
          Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
            I didn't want it to look too much like it was just a rehashed new baby card, especially as they will have already had cards on the baby theme when their daughter was born, and I didn't want to make it too overly religious as they are not frequent churchgoers! All I need now is to decide what to write on the inside!
            it has a lovely balance between the 2.
            http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
            Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
            My Facebook

Comment

This card is lovely... carefully balanced between baby girl and religious without being over the top on either count. Beautifully done

Comment

Just lovely! well done, I will ask you again (what we pmd) when your a bit less busy, didnt realise you were so close to having your bundle,

I love your quilling, its so perfect.
                Sarah

Comment

Beautiful - well done.
                  You must be pleased.

Ermmmm, I hope it for a girl

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Beautiful card...the pram is really cute! Well done
                    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Originally posted by autumn rose View Post
                      Just lovely! well done, I will ask you again (what we pmd) when your a bit less busy, didnt realise you were so close to having your bundle,

I love your quilling, its so perfect.
                      Give me 2 weeks and I'll have a bit more time as I'll be off work! Everything ready for bundle except cot (once I've been to this christening in 2 weeks and collected a load of secondhand baby stuff!)
                      View my flickr

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                        Give me 2 weeks and I'll have a bit more time as I'll be off work! Everything ready for bundle except cot (once I've been to this christening in 2 weeks and collected a load of secondhand baby stuff!)
                        Ok look forward to it.
                        Sarah

Comment

Thats very sweet, great card!
                          www.kimmsmith.etsy.com

www.facebook.com/kimsmithcharmbracelets

Comment

It always surprises me what you can do with quilling and I agree with everyone else, the simplicity of it is perfect.
                            Carol
                            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Thanks everyone. The christening is in 2 weeks, so I'll find out what the parents make of it (if there's time between our wheeler dealing on baby goods).
                              View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X