Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My christening card

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My christening card

    I finally came up with an idea for a christening card, after getting some inspiration from forum members as I was out of it! So here is what I came up with Quite pleased with it as I've never made a christening card before and so was out of ideas.

    Hope you all like it.

    View my flickr

    'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

  • #2
    It's lovely

    I really like the way it incorporates a religious symbol aswell as the baby theme - so many christening cards seem to ignore the fact that it is actually a religious ceremony
    http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
    Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
    My Facebook

    Comment


    • #3
      I didn't want it to look too much like it was just a rehashed new baby card, especially as they will have already had cards on the baby theme when their daughter was born, and I didn't want to make it too overly religious as they are not frequent churchgoers! All I need now is to decide what to write on the inside!
      View my flickr

      'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

      Comment


      • #4
        Oooh yes that is really nice, perfect for a christening card!

        Comment


        • #5
          That's lovely, very simple & elegant & I also like the way you've combined the baby image & the religious image. Really good
          "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams


          Website: www.janscardsandcrafts.co.uk
          Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
          Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

          Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by indri View Post
            I didn't want it to look too much like it was just a rehashed new baby card, especially as they will have already had cards on the baby theme when their daughter was born, and I didn't want to make it too overly religious as they are not frequent churchgoers! All I need now is to decide what to write on the inside!
            it has a lovely balance between the 2.
            http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
            Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
            My Facebook

            Comment


            • #7
              This card is lovely... carefully balanced between baby girl and religious without being over the top on either count. Beautifully done

              Comment


              • #8
                Just lovely! well done, I will ask you again (what we pmd) when your a bit less busy, didnt realise you were so close to having your bundle,

                I love your quilling, its so perfect.
                Sarah

                Comment


                • #9
                  Beautiful - well done.
                  You must be pleased.

                  Ermmmm, I hope it for a girl

                  Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Beautiful card...the pram is really cute! Well done
                    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by autumn rose View Post
                      Just lovely! well done, I will ask you again (what we pmd) when your a bit less busy, didnt realise you were so close to having your bundle,

                      I love your quilling, its so perfect.
                      Give me 2 weeks and I'll have a bit more time as I'll be off work! Everything ready for bundle except cot (once I've been to this christening in 2 weeks and collected a load of secondhand baby stuff!)
                      View my flickr

                      'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by indri View Post
                        Give me 2 weeks and I'll have a bit more time as I'll be off work! Everything ready for bundle except cot (once I've been to this christening in 2 weeks and collected a load of secondhand baby stuff!)
                        Ok look forward to it.
                        Sarah

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thats very sweet, great card!
                          www.kimmsmith.etsy.com

                          www.facebook.com/kimsmithcharmbracelets

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It always surprises me what you can do with quilling and I agree with everyone else, the simplicity of it is perfect.
                            Carol
                            God helps them that help themselves.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks everyone. The christening is in 2 weeks, so I'll find out what the parents make of it (if there's time between our wheeler dealing on baby goods).
                              View my flickr

                              'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X