I cant seem to sell my items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant seem to sell my items

Any ideas.... I am struggling to sell any of my items. I had them on ebay but dont really know where else to try advertising. The pictures probably dont do them justice. And I can do pretty much any design or photo on any product. But no one wants them

They are lovely items,
    I suppose you just have to give it time,
    have you got a web site?
    do you stand craft stalls?
    have you tried Etsy or Folksy?
    You are very talented so I hope you stick with it, dont get too disheartened. Good Luck!
    Sarah

Comment

Your work is lovely, don't despair, how long have you been making/selling your work - it does take time to build up sales.

As previously asked have you tried fairs/events where we all learn what people like/dislike - what works what doesn't - you may even get people asking you to use their own photos?

Stick with it for now - ebay may not always be the best place for products like yours.

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I havent been at it long only since christmas. If you search seller cheeky_nat888 on ebay you will see the items I have listed. The items I am selling are all 100% personalised. I can put any picture on and any writing and I can edit the picture etc. I havent done any craft fairs as its all personalised so would only be able to take orders on the day if that makes sense....

Comment

They are lovely pieces.
          I do think it is quite hard at the moment getting sales with people being a bit more careful with their money. I haven't sold anything myself yet either and although it can be a bit depressing and make you a little unsure of yourself and your creations you you need to keep your nerve and hold on in there. Try advertising everywhere you can think of and hopefully things will pick up.
          Good luck
          elaine
          Handmade Designer Jewellery, Art and Photography
          http://www.elainehillson.co.uk
          http://tollykit.blogspot.com

Comment

If you have only been going for a few weeks, please do not give up yet!

Look out for small fairs and events in your area - there are plenty out there, which area are you in?

Try a few events, and you will learn a lot - trust me.

hth

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I sold my first thing on etsy the other day, 3 months after I started listing! Hopefully now I have some feedback it might encourage other people to buy. You have never seen anyone so excited to make less than £2!

Just a thought - do you do anything other than dogs? First impression is quite important and people might assume you only do pictures of dogs. I know you say you do anything but might help to show something different?

If you are looking at selling online have a look at etsy, misi, folksy, mumsmall, coriandr, dawanda etc... have heard mixed revierws about them all, I think its the luck of the draw which is best for you
              flickr
              blog
              my website
              etsy

Comment

I love the candles in particular and the trinket boxes are really cute. I hope you don't mind me saying though, and I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that I've hit on the problem...'key words'...you're items are mostly decorated with animals and I only noticed one item with the word 'dog' in its listing. Could this be it? Using other key words, what pictures you can put on your item listing - dog, cat, child's name, anniversary etc. which will guide people to these things even though they originally may have been looking for just 'something' with these things on iykwim. Sorry if I've got it completely wrong but I'm hoping it may be just a case of retitling your items and maybe putting some in the 'gifts and collectables' and/or 'pets' sections
                Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Hi Nettie

What is a iykwim????

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

Sorry about that Jane, I only recently learnt that one myself...if you know what I mean
                    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Originally posted by nettie View Post
                      Sorry about that Jane, I only recently learnt that one myself...if you know what I mean
                      Here's me thinking it is some kind of crafting term, there I was googling away
                      www.just-soaps.com
                      Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

It's really early days yet don't despair. I am sure there's some stuff you could make to sell on the day if you did a Craft fair in addition to getting yourself and your work out there. Your pics would look better if not so much space around them -(espcially the tooth fairy things) crop them right around the item then re size for ebay etc
                        Chris xx
                        My Website
                        My Blog

Comment

Dont give up. I use Dawanda at the minute. Its actually free to list just now so your not loosing anything if you dont sell. In Dawanda, you really need to promote yourself on their forum and i find that a bit of a pain as its all people doing the same thing and it gets a bit draining. Might try Etsy soon.
                          Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Originally posted by nettie View Post
                            I love the candles in particular and the trinket boxes are really cute. I hope you don't mind me saying though, and I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that I've hit on the problem...'key words'...you're items are mostly decorated with animals and I only noticed one item with the word 'dog' in its listing. Could this be it? Using other key words, what pictures you can put on your item listing - dog, cat, child's name, anniversary etc. which will guide people to these things even though they originally may have been looking for just 'something' with these things on iykwim. Sorry if I've got it completely wrong but I'm hoping it may be just a case of retitling your items and maybe putting some in the 'gifts and collectables' and/or 'pets' sections
                            Thats a good idea. I kind of hoped people may search personalised but thats a good plan. I will look into that next time

Think I'll also look into what else I can make

Comment

I would perhaps think of expanding and offering wedding unity candles, and personalised ones for gifts for attendants - MIL, bridesmaid etc. There are a lot of brides that like these.

There are a few wedding forums where you are allowed to advertise for free as well, so it may be worth considering this!
                              My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
                              http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X