fused glass -sort of!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fused glass -sort of!!!

I made these pieces at pottery class. Once they were fired I clear glazed them and then added pieces of glass. They were then fired again and the glass fused with the glaze.

This piece had blue glaze added to the sides, which ran down during firing.

This last piece was made out of Raku clay (rough textured) when it was fired I added millefiori to the indentations, which have melted when fired and have fused with the glaze and look a bit like flowers. I also added blue glaze to the edge of this dish

Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Ooooh these are fantastic!

I like the way the blue glaze ran down into the middle on the 2nd one, did you mean that to happen?

They are so gorgeous, and the "fused" glass finishes them off perfectly!

What are you planning to do with them?

Comment

Really lovely, Im amazed how vibrant and true the colour stays, really good stuff!
      Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by claireybear View Post
        Ooooh these are fantastic!

I like the way the blue glaze ran down into the middle on the 2nd one, did you mean that to happen?

They are so gorgeous, and the "fused" glass finishes them off perfectly!

What are you planning to do with them?

Thanks for that, yes I did want the glaze to run down the sides.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with them, I will probably put them on my stall for sale.
        Diane

Comment

Lovely! Nice texture too.
          "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
          Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
          http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

These are fab... well done you... so much talent!!! I'm sure they'll sell well

Comment

I love the combination of pottery and glass Moonbeam, I like the way the glass crazes... it adds an extra dimension to the whole thing. Have you thought of doing some tiles like it, I saw some recently that had been made for a fire surround they were stunning too.
              http://manicmosaics.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by glowingsunsets View Post
                I love the combination of pottery and glass Moonbeam, I like the way the glass crazes... it adds an extra dimension to the whole thing. Have you thought of doing some tiles like it, I saw some recently that had been made for a fire surround they were stunning too.

ooh now that's an idea!!!!!! thank you
                Diane

Comment

Very nice! Have you looked into exhibiting your work? That may be an idea you know.

Comment

Thought about it, but there is nowhere locally that I could do that, only the library but the place where they exhibit work is next to the children's library and I have seen the little darlings all touching and playing with the exhibits, so dont like that idea!!!!
                    Diane

Comment

I really like those.Like I said in another thread these would look so good with tiles in a kitchen or bath. Thunbs up
                      Shabby Neesey

Comment

Working...
                      X