Latest work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest work

These are my latest two pieces, something different for me and using wood slices that I bought from Nader. Please let me know what you think, good or bad!

FIRE AND ICE -This was harder than it looks because each little square was cut by hand and then I had to cut some at an angle to fit round the curve, I could have just placed each square around the curve but, I hate uneven grout widths!

APPLE HEART- so called because this piece of wood is Apple. Again this was hard work because the pieces are so small and each one again I cut by hand.
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Stunning work! I Love these pieces. the apple is gorgeous... Im sure the work you have put into this will be appreciated because its obvious, well done they are lovely!

I cant stop looking at them! lol
    Sarah

Comment

Love them, they are gorgeous! Great work
      Joanna
      Joanna Marie Jewellery

Comment

Really, really nice - I love mosaics that have different textures/shapes in like these have, and the pieces of wood are perfect for them!

The pink grout is nice on the 2nd one - did you use pigment? It looks really pretty!

Comment

Thank you for your comments.

I don't use pigment in my grout, I use acrylic paint mixed in with white powder grout.
          Diane

Comment

I like the apple heart one, not so sure about the fire and ice one, only because it's a bit abstract for me. I do love the idea of the mosaic on wood like that though.

I have to say, I noticed the detail of your glass cutting and the spacing in the grout on the horses you made for me, which really shows up the skill and fine quality of your work, but you know I love your stuff already
            Elinor
            x

My Misi page
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Nice! I like the affect. The second one looks like a Picasso face to me
              "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
              Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
              http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

lovely! well done.
                Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

They're fantastic! I think you've worked with the natural shape of the wood beautifully and the combination of your mosaics with the natural texture fits really well
                  Jane

If beads were still currency, I'd be a millionaire!

http://www.wildheartcrafts.co.uk/

Comment

Wow! I love these - the apple one is fantastic. What a great idea!

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Absolutely stunning pieces of work here, though your mosaics always are beautiful. I love the apple heart piece and think that you have worked with the piece of wood brilliantly... have you made these for an order or for general sale?

Comment

Lovely!

Just love all the colours you've used in the first one but think my favourite is the 2nd one.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic, love the apple heart!!!!

Nat x

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments, it really does help when other crafters appreciate the work. So glad I got these two right!
                            Diane

Comment

they are lovely, well done, well worth all the hard work
                              sally

Comment

Working...
                              X