Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with wedding invitations please

Hi all

After finally setting a date for our wedding, 1st May 2010, and getting the registrar office and venue booked I have started on the wedding invitations, but I have hit a snag, I orginally made this one
    - All gold (the one my other half likes but he keeps saying he really doesn't mind which one we choose!), I like the design but I wanted to add a bit of colour to it as our colour scheme is going to be White, Black and a hint of Red. I then tried 2 other variations (see below).

- All colour (the one I like quite a lot)

- Half colour and half gold (I'm not sure about the colour combination but it is the idea of half colour and half gold that I am going for with this one)

Also, the evening invitations are going to be quite similar but a little different, I am not sure whether to do the colour scheme in this one either, what do you think?

I really don't know which one to go for , please help. If you have any other suggestions then please let me know as this is my first attempt at cards/invitations.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Rhiannon; 19-02-2009, 12:22 PM.
    Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
    www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

I am not a card maker but I like the gold one best, could you put your colour themes in your placecards or favours perhaps?

Alice
    I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Hi Alice, yes I think I might put a lot more of the colour scheme into the placecards, favours decorations etc on the day and try to keep these a bit more simple.

I showed a friend at work the invitations today and she has come up with some good ideas, one is to raise the bells and ring off the card slightly as it is a bit flat at the mo. Also I think I will keep the bells gold and colour the bow and ribbon in red with some black on the card somewhere (yet to figure that bit out). I will have another play tonight to see how they turn out.

Anybody else got anymore suggestions as not being a card maker lots of the ideas that people come up with aren't obvious to me?!
      Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
      www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

Comment

I like your colours! Could get some quite dramatic contrasts in your decor. I think raising the embellishments up onto sticky pads will look great and I think I like the all-colour ones best.
        Jane

If beads were still currency, I'd be a millionaire!

http://www.wildheartcrafts.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
        X