Another satisfied customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another satisfied customer

Just had to show you this necklace set I made this week for a commission. I ordered the smokey quartz beads fa couple of weeks ago but I was a little worried as I bought from a Chinese seller on ebay that I hadn't used before and you never know whether you're gonna get conned or not until they arrive. Well the pics of the beads were stunning so I figured if they're half as nice in real life, then I'll be ok. When they arrived I was amazed cos they're absolutely stunning - faceted rondelles and faceted trapezoids. They weren't cheap and when I'd finished the piece, it worked out pretty expensive as the rest of the components are large crystal ab swavs and its all sterling. I had gone way over my customer's budget.

In view of the fact that my customer spends rather a lot of money on our stall buying crystals and rock specimens and she brings us little presents regularly, I do consider she is a friend as well as a customer so I decided to not charge her for my time in order for the price of the set to be within her budget.

The look on her face when she opened the box was payment enough. I don't know which one of us was more pleased - me for finding the beads to make such a stunning necklace for her or her for me not charging her full price. I know its just a very basic design and not very creative but the quality of the beads really does make this a beautiful piece of jewellery.

Thanks to my lovely mate goldy for taking the time to photograph some of my recent makes, this being one of them. She makes it look so much nicer than my camera did and without wanting to diss her skills, the beads in this necklace really cannot be captured in all their beauty on camera.

Needless to say, I just had to order more of the rondelle beads! They arrived today and I've been sat stroking them for the last couple of hours.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Wondered where you'd gone...sat stroking beads eyy?!!

It's fabulous! No wonder you're so proud! It's gorgeous...
    I want it, I want it, I want it!!!!

(tried to give rep, but I have to spread the lurve!)
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Just realised I was using the wrong setting on the camera. I thought I was but hey hoe not bad pic, If I say so myself Considering the way my heads been for the last week.

Glad she liked it.
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
        Wondered where you'd gone...sat stroking beads eyy?!!

It's fabulous! No wonder you're so proud! It's gorgeous...
        I want it, I want it, I want it!!!!

(tried to give rep, but I have to spread the lurve!)
        Thanks Louise - I know it really reads like I'm blowing my own trumpet but its not really my skills that make this a piece I'm so proud of, its the beads that are just gorgeous.

I had time to sit stroking them cos I'm still having problems with my PC - keeps logging out and switching off - so I persuaded my 18 yr old son to give me a loan of his hard drive for a few days and he was setting it up for me.

If you wanna take out a bank loan for a very similar one (I won't repeat a commisson but I made one which includes some round beads) then you can always buy it off me. Or anyone else for that matter, if you're interested.
        Auntynet

Comment

I know it really reads like I'm blowing my own trumpet but its not really my skills that make this a piece I'm so proud of, its the beads that are just gorgeous.
          But then there's skill in deciding that a simple setting rather than a complex one is what those beautiful beads required.
          ElaineJ soap and other stuff
          website
          blog

Comment

The set is lovely - there is nothing wrong with a basic design, I find that "basic" always sells the best.
            Kitty11
            http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/album.php?u=14964

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittyx11/

Comment

that is a fab set no wonder your customer was pleased.
              nice to know people will pay for class and not look for high street trash
              sally

Comment

Beautiful beads, you're right! And a more 'complicated' necklace would've really taken away from that. Well done!
                "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Beautiful set and smokey quartz looks even classier with your arrangement!

Nic xx
                  **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
                  Different prize every month
                  Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
                  PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Basic deisgn, complicated design doesn't mean a thing to me not knowing anything about making jewellery but I do know what I like and I LIKE that.

Very nice indeed and you stroke away auntynet, I can hear you purring from here

Comment

Really beautiful, your so talented!!
                      Sarah

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous... I'm not surprised that you're happy with it. A beautiful piece of jewellery - well done

Comment

Beautiful, elegant, love it!!!! So are you going to tell us where you got the beads, I am dying to go and buy some now?!!!
                          Joanna
                          Joanna Marie Jewellery

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your lovely comments.

Originally posted by glowjo View Post
                            So are you going to tell us where you got the beads, I am dying to go and buy some now?!!!
                            I got the original beads from here (Chinese seller)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HEIYEMEI

but if you fancy some of the rondelles and want to use a UK seller you can get them here.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sunnyenterp...meZL2222QQtZkm
                            Last edited by auntynet; 09-02-2009, 02:48 PM.
                            Auntynet

Comment

Lovely, proves the saying "less is more" anything more intricate would have taken away the pazzazz of the lovely beads.

Well done Aunty, you're justified to be proud!!
                              Diane
                              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                              X