Necklace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necklace

Iv made this pretty necklace (if i dont say so myself!). Its with wooden, yellow turquoise, amber and black onyx. Its done with SP wire and has a cocnut shell pendent.

Im a little unsure about the clasp -

Should i get the lobster clasp to attach to another ring attached to the one its on? Or leave it as it is?

Also what price should i charge for it!? Im more used to pricing earrings. Dont make too many necklaces.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Very pretty - love the coconut pendant!
    Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice necklace but I feel it needs a short piece of chain and a bead on the end to make it look more finished.

good job.
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Hmm, good thinking. The only chain i have is rubbishy fake looking SP ones. An eBay mistake!
        Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Really lovely, agree with Goldy about the chain on the end.

Can't help with pricing I'm afraid, I've not done any necklaces myself yet - but will be soon I hope
          "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
          Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Hi
            A very pretty necklace and perfect colours so warm looking for our winter months.I would also go with a short peice of chain perhaps with a small dangle on the end with one of the small beads to match.
            Jacki
            ***I can't promise you the MOON, but I can promise SPARKLE.***

http://wiganscraftyfriends.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Do you have jump rings?
              "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
              my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Comment

Lovely necklace! Your loops are so neat!!!

I'd definitely add a jump ring or an extension chain to finish it off.
                  Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

thats beautifull xx

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

Thats gorgeous and I love the coconut shell pendant! Agree with the others about a chain and matching bead to finish it off. I'm not going to suggest a price as I keep hearing I sell to cheap so I'm definately not the one to ask lol!

Do you mind me asking where you got the pendant from, I've been looking out for something similar myself, preferably a roundish one though but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Cheers

Debbie
                      x
                      www.aberjewels.co.uk

Comment

It was from Beads Direct.

I was thinking £20....or is that too pricey?

Comment

I believe the simplest guideline for pricing is to add up the cost of materials, double it and then add labour. There are various ways of calculating labour but one way is to decide how much you should get per hour and then work out the labour per item dependent on how long it took you to make.

As an example (not necessarily realistic, just to show the calculation), say the materials cost you £6 and your hourly rate is £10 per hour and the item took you 45 minutes to make. Then you would charge £12 for materials and £7.50 for labour. for a total of £19.50.

Don't forget to include any packaging you give away with the necklace in the materials cost.

HTH
                          Elinor
                          x

My Misi page
                          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Very pretty necklace handcrafted!! I think £20 it is a good price for the necklace

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

Love the combo of the beads.

I'd price that at £20 and if you make a pair of earrings to go with it then £25.

As for the clasp - if I'm using large beads then I use the extra large lobster clasps (19mm) or a toggle cos I think they look better proportioned than a small or medium lobster does when its on a chunky necklace.
                              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
                              X