Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wooden spoons

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wooden spoons

    I carve wooden spoons with my wife Nicola. I rough them out and she finishes them, we only use axes and knives, no sandpaper. we sell some, give some away and teach carving. This time of year it keeps us busy on dark evenings as we don't have a TV.

    Here are a few we just finished.


    Edit, looks like you will have to wait for pictures till I have done 25 posts
    http://www.robin-wood.co.uk

  • #2
    Keep posting! Would love to see them
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
      Keep posting! Would love to see them
      only 21 to go now. or if you were impatient you could search google on my name and spoons and you will find lots of youtube videos of carving, pics of spoons etc.
      http://www.robin-wood.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        I think you can add pics to your album in your profile as well, but just not link to them...?
        Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

        Comment


        • #5
          hi & to the forum!

          Cant wait to see the pictures!
          Sarah

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks Sarah, seems like a friendly place and surprisingly active.
            http://www.robin-wood.co.uk

            Comment


            • #7
              sounds lovely cant wait to see them xx


              try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Beautiful craftmanship! Welcome to the forum.
                Gail x

                My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Welcome to the forum Robin. I really love your carved spoons and bowls, especially the nesting set of sycamore bowls. Thier natural wood markings look wonderfull, as do all of your other items, and the size of that conker is huge lol ( yes, google can be very usefull )

                  Last edited by snowgoose; 19-11-2008, 02:37 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The quickest way to see them is to click on your name then on your homepage.

                    Beautiful work.
                    Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for all the nice comments, looks like it won't be long till I can post some pics anyway.
                      http://www.robin-wood.co.uk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by robin wood View Post
                        only 21 to go now. or if you were impatient you could search google on my name and spoons and you will find lots of youtube videos of carving, pics of spoons etc.
                        Which I just did - I think these are so cool that I'm going to post a link to Robin's site myself - hope thats OK

                        I love the bowls - especially the star ones! Must take ages to get them finished to the standard of quality they appear to end up at?
                        --Matt

                        Web Development
                        Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I was going to post a reply telling you what I used to do with wooden spoons in another lifetime but after looking at Robins site I don't think I'll bother. What lovely work.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by matt.chatterley View Post
                            Which I just did - I think these are so cool that I'm going to post a link to Robin's site myself - hope thats OK

                            I love the bowls - especially the star ones! Must take ages to get them finished to the standard of quality they appear to end up at?
                            Well thank you very much. As many have said before its not making the one that takes the time it is the years of work involved in getting to the stage where you can make one well and quickly.

                            Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                            I was going to post a reply telling you what I used to do with wooden spoons in another lifetime but after looking at Robins site I don't think I'll bother. What lovely work.
                            Well surely you have to tell us now?
                            http://www.robin-wood.co.uk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Why Cant I see these pictures? lol I cant wait....
                              Sarah

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X