Wire Bracelet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire Bracelet!

First of all sorry for the dodgy pictures but i took them quickly.

I made this bracelet! My first proper attempt at a wire bracelet. I pottered around for a while and had a few goes and then went for it. I think it turned out fine! Any critisim welcome as i want to sell these! Its rose quartz.

Personally i think i did the ends wrong. The loop needs to be smaller. I dont like the clasp very much but i made the whole thing a little too big and when i flap my hand about it can come loose. Im thinking of just wire wrapping the 2 loops together and having it as a bangle that you squeeze on over your hand. But im worried that it might then be too small. Any advice?

Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

i think its beautifull, i agree about the loops being a bit on the large size but no advice sorry, what wire is it xxx

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

Do you think its worth me being very brave and twisting the loops so they are smaller.....? I would need to be veeeeery brave!
      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
        Do you think its worth me being very brave and twisting the loops so they are smaller.....? I would need to be veeeeery brave!

ooo it might snap xx

Comment

Oh no way would it snap. Its very hefty wire. If anything it wouldnt move!

Comment

if you can make the loop smaller, you win. If you make a mess, you don't lose, you learn.... but you'll have to redo the whole thing.

I've done bracelets with seed beads, and when I came to finish it, made a mess and ended with most of the seed beads off the bracelet....
            Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
              Oh no way would it snap. Its very hefty wire. If anything it wouldnt move!

aaah i see, i agree with bea xx

Comment

sigh....its ended up like this -

I think its a gonner!

Comment

May I ask what gauge wire you used?

It may be a gonner, but trial and error is what leads to perfection, and I doubt you are that far off!

Comment

The main body is 2 bits of 1.5mm wire twisted and the other one with the beads on is 1.0mm i think. The 1.5mm is really stiff to work with! But i wanted to make sure the bracelet was stiff and strong enough.

Comment

it's not beyond repair. try closing the gap at the end by gently reducing the size of the end loop

Comment

I really love it, the loops were a little to big, but apart form that its gorgeouas, i love the simplicity of it
                        crafty blog
                        www.craftydesignz.co.uk printable craft supplies, freebies and great membership option
                        http://www.craftsuprint.com/default.cfm?r=516087 Loads of my printable designz are availabe here

Comment

Its lovely
                          I've experimented a bit with wire jewellery but not had the patience or the confidence to make anything to sell yet lol.
                          I love it!
                          I craft, therefore I am!
                          for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
                          www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
                          now Live get your supplies here

Comment

Thanks!

Iv not changed it from where i left off. Iv not been brave enough to get back to it. Might give it a go tonight!

Comment

Working...
                            X