Pumpkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkins

I love carving pumpkins. Every year myself and my step-son, Luke have a competition to see who can carve the best pumpkin. I usually win. Mostly cos I have more time than he does and because I use a template and he does his free hand - but hey . . . . winning is winning - who cares if I cheat a bit! I just didn't tell him that I planned to do something a bit more elaborate than a scarey face - I did a spooky tree . .

Anyway, I've started early this year cos I intend to use pumpkins in the display on the stall. Tonight I've done a spider one ready for tomorrow as I have a selection of beaded spider pendants that Hils (Lilac Moon) made for me.

I know it won't last until Wednesday (the next market day) so I'll have to do another one for then - will post a pic when its done.

Anyone else enjoy carving pumpkins enough to show us your pics?
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Here's one I made last year ....

Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sue

Bags Embroidery & Knitting

Comment

No wonder our stock level is down!!! auntynet carving pumpkins in the celler.
      Will have to rig up a cctv system to keep an eye on her

Comment

Can you tell that my hubby has got a new laptop? Now we can argue online!

When I'm not in the cellar, of course!
        Auntynet

Comment

Last years.
          "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
          my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Great pumpkin carvings - I'm no good at this sort of thing, I leave that to hubby lol... will see if I can get some pics next week.

Comment

Oh love these pumpkins. They will draw a lot of attention to your stall. Brilliant work no wonder you win, you deserve to. xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

Great work! Ill have to get started on mine!

Comment

These are all fab! I only tried it once and nearly sliced my finger off. Once bitten and all that....
                  Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great carvings peeps! this is our's from last year, this yr I think we're doing Elmo again but I want the Tim Burton character Jack have to wait and see how'll win
                    Ger xx

My Blog

www.cullen-crafts.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                      Can you tell that my hubby has got a new laptop? Now we can argue online!

When I'm not in the cellar, of course!
                      lol...good to know its not only us 2 that does that!

these pumpkins are really good. very creative!
                      Sarah

Comment

wow lovely carvings, puts my feeble attempts to shame
                        Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                        my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                        my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow Ger! Your pumpkin carving is amazing! Nice one!

Looking forward to tonight!!!!! And will be taking photos!

Leona xxx
                          Teaching Art & Craft to Adults & Children for over 12 years
                          http://www.artistsresource.co.uk

FREE Live Art Tutorials - Wednesdays 7pm - HERE: Youtube
                          Join our Online Art Academy

Comment

Ger, thats fantastic! I'd love to have a go at something so intricate but with my limited tools I reckon I'd just make a mess.

This year my carving tools consist of a big metal tablespoon for scraping out, one of those kitchen gadgets with all the prongs on that you use to hold tomatoes while you slice them. I've bent one of the prongs to a right angle and I use this to punch out a template before attacking the pumpkin with my chopping knife with an 8" blade.

Not very safe I know but next year I will definitely invest in a pumpkin carving kit.

Last night I did a very simple bat carving and this morning I had a go at a friendly dragon. Can't find the camera so when OH gets home from work will use his phone to take pics to show you.
                            Auntynet

Comment

I have one to carve for tonight! Il let you see the results but i guarantee it will be pants!
                              Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X