Folksy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folksy!

I've been browsing some of the posts on the craft-selling threads and decided to set up a folksy.com account. Feel free to take a look, and if anybody has any other suggestions for ways to advertise my crafts please do let me know..

Thanks!
    Email: [email protected]

I think advertising is difficult with a small budget but it can be done. One of the things I picked up was any letter you posted out whether personal or bills etc, put a label with your details on the top left hand corner, the cost is small but you never know who may look at it and check out your shops.

I also have made some promotional bags in calico with my logo and web address on, check out my earlier thread 'Craft business - General' this is again quite cheap to do, sell at a minimum at fairs and use yourself all free advertising. Do the same for a T-shirt the transfer papers is inexpensive and with a computer easy to do, have a go and become your own advertisment, remember to always have business cards/leaflets on you, so if someone asks give them the details.

My neighbour has just asked for one of the bags for her odds and ends of shopping, she wants to carry it in her handbag instead of using plastic, she also wants the logo on it, so again this will go to different places than I frequent.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to give everything a go - it can't really hurt if it attracts attention
      Email: [email protected]

Comment

Do you blog? again this is free, takes up a small amount of time but can be invaluable. Networking is another way, I am going to a new group at the end of the month taking business cards and leaflets etc. You get to talk to other business (in this case a women's group) and like this forum can help each other out. After all it is 'who you know, not what you know' and networking is fun, already I have found several members on here who are reasonably local to myself and they may know of fairs that I have not seen advertised.

Comment

Working...
        X