Wire wrapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire wrapping

Does anyone else do wire wrapping? What sort of file can anyone recommend to get the sharp edges down.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Oh there realy good . I use a needle file, or tuck the sharp ends in.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Ohh wowww.. handcrafted, beautiful work!!!

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

I have a set of needle files and rifling files in a wallet I bought from maplins they have a nice feel and have a really fine grade so I get a good finish on my work

Comment

I do wire wrapping and I am afraid sharp edges are a problem for me too. I tend to scratch the wire so that it doesnt look as nice... as I try to bend the sharp bits over on to it self.
          Did you drill the hole into that first stone yourself?...Your pink stone is my favourite
          Something Shiny Something Sparkly
          Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
          My blog
          Facebook

Comment

No i didnt drill the hole, though i am tempted to get some sort of implement to do that as i have quite a few stones that need holes.

The purple one doesnt have a hole in it. Its held in place with the wire. Makes the choices i have with them a bit slimmer but its still fun.

I want to move onto sterling silver wire but its quite pricey!!

Oh i see you are in Grangemouth Dizzy! I used to live in Boness and my sister spent many years livin in Grangemouth near the stadium

Your wire wrapped jewellery on your website is great!
            Last edited by handcrafted; 10-09-2008, 10:21 PM.
            Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Love them...haven't done any for a while but was always a loved way of making jewellery...l use sandpaper.....sometimes does the trick but a jewellery file....finer and much smaller than the big ones
              Suz
              http://8thofthe8thofthe8th.blogspot.com/ new for 2012

http://shroshirescrappersuz.blogspot.com/ 2009-2011

Comment

oh i love the pink one its very pretty xx jo xxx

http://kinglakescrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
                  No i didnt drill the hole, though i am tempted to get some sort of implement to do that as i have quite a few stones that need holes.

wow that would be very brave of you....i would be scared of breaking the stone altogether....lol
                  Something Shiny Something Sparkly
                  Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
                  My blog
                  Facebook

Comment

They are lovely Handcrafted!!

I have bought some needle files from maplins, good price there.
                    Just waiting on their arrival, just made a wrap piece myself and need to rid the pointy bits too

I used to use diamond needle files at work which are superior but, far too expensive for me to buy atm
                    "Buffys Charms" my lil ol' Blog

Buffys Charms Website

Comment

I was looking at getting something to drill holes in my stones. I was thinking maybe a vice type type thing to hold the stone and some very fine diamond drill bits.

I think Urbtaf on here may be able to give advice on what to get for this, I think auntynet posted pics of his stone working area and it looked like he had some fancy machine for it.

Do you tumble your own stones?
                      www.beadlab.com

Comment

ooh these are lovely! getting very inspored wandering around here..now ehere did that extra hour in the day go...?
                        I craft, therefore I am!
                        for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
                        www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
                        now Live get your supplies here

Comment

No i dont tumble my own stones. Are the rough stones cheaper to buy? I havnt a clue about tumblin them really. Is that how you would get different shapes?

Comment

Working...
                          X