My sore finger bracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sore finger bracelet

Made this yesterday and I named it my sore finger bracelet. Why?????

40+ tiny swav's in 4 different shades of brown, all on a triangle jump ring, then onto a split ring (and I just can't get the hang of split ring pliers) and then attached to the bracelet. Needless to say it took me nearly 4 hours to make and because of this I decided to keep it for myself - there's no way that I can charge a customer for 4 hours work on a tiny little charm bracelet.

Last edited by auntynet; 25-08-2008, 05:20 PM.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

I like it Net is it on Sterling? I know what you mean about the time - I only ever made one it took me hours and hours - I would have kept it but it was too short
    Chris xx
    My Website
    My Blog

Comment

thats beautiful
      you must have so much patience
      www.sunrisecards.co.uk
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

Comment

It is all sterling. It wasn't expensive cos its really a very lightweight bracelet - only cost about £5.50 to make but like I said before, how can I charge my time out for that? I usually charge £10 hour but even if I charged £5 hour, its still £20 plus at least £11 to make my profit on the materials.

Yes I did have to dig very deep into my patience reserves although a couple of vodka and cokes smoothed the way quite a lot.

And don't you find that when you're doing something very fiddly like that (the pic makes it look 3 times the size that it really is) your palms seem to sweat so much more than usual?
        Auntynet

Comment

Its sooo beautiful auntynet, welldone

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

Thats very pretty, def worth all your hard work

xxHannah

Comment

oh did someone mention voddy and coke.......

"Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."
              www.fairyalchemy.co.uk
              fairyalchemy.blogspot.com

Comment

I use the same Voddie and Coke theory when cooking Christmas Lunch.....that is probably why on more than one occasion I have omitted to put the Turkey on the plates!!!

Love the Bracelet though.

Comment

Very pretty and well worth the hours of alcohol infused patience
                  Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Its lovely, time to rest your sore finger / hand...round a nice chilled glass of wine!!

Comment

wow, that's fab!

I have enough patience to attach about 10 swarkies, then I am done! I have to come back over several nights as I can't stand repetitive tasks.

BTW, the name, if you did ever decide to part with it, call it something other than the sore finger bracelet, not sure that's much of a selling point
                      www.beadlab.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your lovely comments.

Originally posted by FairyAlchemy View Post
                        oh did someone mention voddy and coke.......

Its mine.... all mine....... get your own!

Originally posted by Glitter Queen View Post
                        Its lovely, time to rest your sore finger / hand...round a nice chilled glass of wine!!

I'd love to but can't tonight, got to meet a supplier in the morning and in the afternoon we gotta sort out the stall to accommodate my new jewellery suppliers from the forum and also got an appt with the owner of a jewellery shop. So its just a few nice strong cups of tea tonight.

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
                        BTW, the name, if you did ever decide to part with it, call it something other than the sore finger bracelet, not sure that's much of a selling point

There is no way I'm parting with it but I will wear it when I'm working and if anyone comments then I'll be happy to make them one for the appropriate fee of course.
                        Auntynet

Comment

I think you could charge a lot more for it. It has a lovely delicate balance. It is verrrry easy on the eye and also unusual. If it took you 4 hours then it would take anyone else that too so they won't buy it cheaper anywhere will they. But they WILL buy it.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

You know what Carol, I never looked at it like that.

Maybe I should make another one - I've got several shades of blue which will look great together - but I really wanna keep this one now cos its just sooooo me. . . . . . . at the moment that is. I tend to swap and change between big bold statement jewellery and tiny delicate pieces.
                            Auntynet

Comment

that is really beautiful - my goodness you have so much patience
                              www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Working...
                              X