Post your ARMADILLO Crafts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your ARMADILLO Crafts here!

After our discussion about under-represented animal species on the Little Chickens thread, I have started a thread for people to show off their crafting appreciation of the delightful armadillo.

For those not in the know, Armadillos are small placental mammals, known for having a bony armoured shell. The word armadillo is Spanish for "little armored one".

I'll get the ball rolling... check out the bottom right door sign here!

I'm sure that you will all join me in the quest to make the armadillo as popular as the crafty chicken.

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

I will go straight home from work and make a beaded armadillo
    www.beadlab.com

Comment

O....k.. (she says says gingerly), Armadillos it is then! I'll see what I can do!
      Natalie
      website blog

Comment

Couldn't resist when I saw armadillos!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwTHVZHqSb0

Remember this? (As for a quilled crafty armadillo I'll have to give it some thought!)
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
          Couldn't resist when I saw armadillos!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwTHVZHqSb0

Remember this? (As for a quilled crafty armadillo I'll have to give it some thought!)
          I can't watch the link as I'm at work but I'm going to guess that it's the Dime Bar advert?

Si.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

For the first time on this forum, possibly ever, I am lost for words....

I can't even spell it, never mind make it!

Caroline

Diamond Ideas

http://www.diamondideas.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/DiamondIdeas01

Diamond Ideas is also on facebook!

Go on, add some sparkle to your project!

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
              I can't watch the link as I'm at work but I'm going to guess that it's the Dime Bar advert?

Si.
              Of course!!

And while looking for inspiration I came across this:

http://www.geekalerts.com/armadillo-purse/
              Last edited by indri; 21-08-2008, 03:27 PM.
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by craftsensations View Post
                For the first time on this forum, possibly ever, I am lost for words....
                Hehehe...
                Wood Tattoos
                Facebook
                Flickr
                Twitter

Comment

Will an 'armadillo inspired' piece count??

If so, I'll have a good think over the weekend, and will come up with something - no doubt rustic looking beads in brown shades

Claire
                  Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                  Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                  www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Originally posted by ladyluckjewellery View Post
                    Will an 'armadillo inspired' piece count??
                    Yes, we'll let you do that... but you get bonus points if you can find an armadillo to model it for you.
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

I just love Armadillos, we have loads of them around our house in Florida, they're just so cute! But I seriously doubt I can make an armadillo bracelet!! Selina

Comment

You could get get a stuffed armadillo, like in a prayer for Owen Meany, drape your jewellery over it!

Comment

Well, sitting here chuckling to myself, but I still need to find a live one to photograph for a card!!! Not sure my art will manage to come up with one otherwise. Clipart anyone!!? Well done Si you have got a good one going here - surprised to see someone has already got an armadillo purse. I will watch this thread with great interest.
                          Cynthia
                          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Ifor-Jones View Post
                            Well done Si you have got a good one going here...
                            Thanks for that! I can't wait to see the results... a prize should go to the first person who incorporates the phrase "Is this the way to Armadillo?" in their design!

Si.

"Oi loikes... ARMADILLOS! Smooth on the insoide, crunchy on the outsoide! ARMADILLOS!"

Wood Tattoos
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                              "Oi loikes... ARMADILLOS! Smooth on the insoide, crunchy on the outsoide! ARMADILLOS!"
                              Harry Enfield! Thanks for that it's been bugging me. Couldn't think where it came from. I've been walking round the kitchen saying it whilst doing the tea and I still couldn't remember what it was off!

Are you all going to groan if I say I've started my Armadillo craft already!
                              Natalie
                              website blog

Comment

Working...
                              X