Handmade Carrie Sex & the City style Nameplates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handmade Carrie Sex & the City style Nameplates

With the Sex & the City film coming out recently, I got a commission to make a nameplate from silver. The customer picked the font as she didn't want it to be uniform and easily readable.

I loved it so much I decided to make one for myself, in a different font I found. They measure approx 1.5 inches in length and each piece is hand pierced (sawn) from a flat sheet of silver, so a precise and steady hand was needed!

I've worn mine constantly since making it I'm completely in love with it. I put a lot of myself into each piece I make so it's so nice to be able to keep one for me!
    www.narah.co.uk
    Exquisite hand crafted jewellery

They are both lovely, and I know how awkward and time consuming piercing work can be.

Melanie

Comment

Beautiful!

And good to 'see' you again!

Comment

THe are beautiful!!! Sue xx
        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Ooo, they're lovely and your piercing is very precise! Can I ask how big they are? It's not easy to tell from the photos but I'm guessing, as pendants, they must be pretty small?
          http://www.folksy.com/shops/silvermoss

http://silvermoss.blogspot.com/

Comment

They are lovely - hope the customer liked them though am sure they did

xxHannah

Comment

lovely, I was thinking I would like one of those for a couple of my friends actually.... now I know of someone that makes them! Yay!

for the person above, they are 1.5 inches
              www.beadlab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                Beautiful!

And good to 'see' you again!
                Thanks, I got married recently so everything else got put on hold, but now it's back down to earth!
                www.narah.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ShinySilver View Post
                  Ooo, they're lovely and your piercing is very precise! Can I ask how big they are? It's not easy to tell from the photos but I'm guessing, as pendants, they must be pretty small?
                  Thanks! As Pebbles said, they are 1.5 inches relatively small.

Even though I'm not a very patient person, I find piercing very relaxing once you get into the rhythm, I think it's a similar type of thing for me as stroking pets can be for others!

Btw Pebbles if you want to order a couple, I'd be MORE than happy to do it
                  Last edited by silversmith76; 10-08-2008, 04:32 PM.
                  www.narah.co.uk

Comment

they are beautiful well done you
                    www.ilovesparkle.etsy.com
                    www.tutuheaven.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X