Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My latest commission... a hairbrush for a cat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest commission... a hairbrush for a cat!

I don't think I can possibly add anything else to the title of this thread...

And here's an image to give you an idea of how small the brush is!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodtattoos/2693861712/

Opinions much appreciated! And if anyone needs any more grooming products for their feline friends, you now know who to call...

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Si, that is sooooo intricate! Don't know how you work on something that small. Hats off to you for a wonderful piece.

Just out of interest . . . . wanna tell us how much you charge for that kinda work cos I'm sure there's a market out there for xmas pressies.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Lol - Just seen it on flickr. It's fab!!
      incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
      ___

Comment

Thats great - you put so much detail into your work - fantastic. How long does it take to make?

I saw someone doing something at a craft show the other day which I think was the same type of thing and the smell was lovely

xHannah

Comment

That's lovely. Makes me feel sad though 'cos as I type my Mog friend is laid in a box next to me literally at deaths door. He loved to be brushed! I'm hoping he's going to slip away quietly in the night.
          Natalie
          website blog

Comment

Aaaaaw Nat - that is so sad. My thoughts are with you.
            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

((hugs)) Nat - Nothing worse than having a poorly pet
              incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
              ___

Comment

Aww Nat ((hugs))

xHannah

Comment

That's so unique Si and another lovely piece of work, excellent

And hugs and best wishes to you and your faithful friend Nat, I hope everything goes well whichever way it goes love xxx

Shaz x
                  Keepsake Kollections
                  & Rossendale Ramblings!
                  http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Very nice, Si! That's very good work, and an excellent design, especially on something so small - fiddly, huh?

I burn myself with depressing regularity on little things - the Pocket Altar tokens are the worst, as they're only 1" and 1.5" across.
                    Cheers,
                    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Thanks to one and all for the comments so far. I'll respond by PM to the query about pricing as I don't want to 'advertise' as such on here... if anyone ever wanted to know specific info about my work, please email or PM me.

Nat, very sorry to hear your news... losing a cat is very hard so I hope you're bearing up well.

Si.
                      Wood Tattoos
                      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                      Facebook
                      Flickr
                      Twitter

Comment

that little brush made me laugh out loud - sneaky pete!!! love it! How very bizzare!
                        www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
                        http://arehandmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery

Comment

Originally posted by AmyE View Post
                          that little brush made me laugh out loud - sneaky pete!!! love it! How very bizzare!
                          Sneaky Pete now owns a hairbrush. I've asked if the other cat, Gram Parsons, wants one as well but apparently he's got a funky handmade collar.

Wood Tattoos
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

That is such a cute brush, I love it. I have two long haired cats and one hates being brushed so his fur gets really matted and has to be cut out.
                            Poor you Nat, I do hope your poor moggy passes peacefully.
                            www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                            www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Heh

Sneaky Pete and Gram Parsons! Fabby!

I love that Pete's playing his guitar! I bet he sings too!

Comment

Working...
                              X