Scorchiness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorchiness!

Well, as I can't update my own site easily at the moment (technical issues) I've finally posted some pics of what I've been doing lately :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tannison/

Plaques, books, badges, dreamcatchers, and some older boxes and wallets too...
    Last edited by Scorch; 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM.
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

I love the wooden books, what a great idea!
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Thanks! I've been trying to think of a way of making books for ages, and I finally figured it out just recently. Awkward to make, but they look lovely when they're done! Even if I DO say so myself...
      Cheers,
      Scorch

Comment

Fantastic work, well done! Mucho excellente scorchiness!

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

I loved the books too. How unusual.
          Had a quick peek at your website - Loved your work and enjoyed your piccies. Very brave to let those birds of prey crawl all over you. Ugh, makes me shivver.
          Carol.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
            Fantastic work, well done! Mucho excellente scorchiness!

Si.
            Thank you, thank you! I was pleased with how the dragon and the wolves turned out... The teddies are a bit cutesy for me, though!

Fun stuff, pyrography, isn't it?
            Cheers,
            Scorch

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
              I loved the books too. How unusual.
              Had a quick peek at your website - Loved your work and enjoyed your piccies.
              Thank you! It's a fun hobby, and I like making all the different things. Plus, making stuff keeps me busy in my spare time. Well, in what USED to be my spare time, that is!

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
              Very brave to let those birds of prey crawl all over you. Ugh, makes me shivver.
              Carol.
              Oh, they were lovely - very beautiful. And they did us no harm, though those beaks were wickedly sharp. But it's surprising how heavy they are...
              Last edited by Scorch; 23-03-2010, 03:13 PM.
              Cheers,
              Scorch

Comment

Wow Scorch, I love the books and the 'here be dragons' signs I also had a nosy at your piccies - love em.
                www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                  Wow Scorch, I love the books and the 'here be dragons' signs I also had a nosy at your piccies - love em.
                  Thanks, Pagan! I've had people asking for BOS for ages, you see, but it's taken me a while to figure out how to make one! There's these special bookbinding wossnames you can get, y'see, and then I had to get the wood cut specially, 'cos anything thin enough for me to cut would be wibbly, and impossible to fix hinges to...

I like dragons too - they're pretty much my favourite things to make, to be honest!
                  Cheers,
                  Scorch

Comment

I love dragons too - but then I would, being born in the year of the Dragon
                    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

My daughter collects dragons in every shape and style so the dragon book would be something new for her collection. Think I am being a bit thick though because I could not find a price.

Rosemary

Comment

Woweeee!! Those are all superb. What a lot of patience and effort you put into your work.

Linda

Comment

wow totally amazing work. Love the Dragons and the books... my son (age 4) would love these, he is obsessed with dragons.. and knights, jedis, and machinery... but he has two stuffed animal dragons named Scully and Ulrick that he goes to bed with every night.
                          Visit my blog Meridian Ariel or my Etsy Shop

Comment

They are great, I really like the children's door plaques

xHannah

Comment

Oh wow they're stunning!! I especially love the dragon pentacle one ... me wants! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X