Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bracelets - not mine but worth a look (IMO).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracelets - not mine but worth a look (IMO).

These two bracelets were made by my hubby - one last night and another one this morning.

First one is made with tigers eye, onyx and smokey quartz beads cos he wanted to use the little silver link things that I once bought and never got round to using. I think he did quite well to say he's never made anything like these before - he normally just messes about with wire-wrapping and the £1 earrings that pay our rent on the stall everyday.

He's decided he's gonna keep this one for himself

so..........

I have to keep the second one don't I??? Its made from rose quartz and magnetic beads and it fits me just nice!!

Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Awww bless he did a really good job!
    And the beads combos are great ~ looks like he did more than just fiddle with wire while on the stall (he was absorbing fabulous colour combos by osmosis!)

Nic x
    **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
    Different prize every month
    Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
    PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

What a clever man. Maybe he can let you out of the cellar more now he can make things as nice as that.
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

He's used a great combination Net - are the wire things the little Y shaped pieces? I f so I use them on my drilled palmstone pendants to make a neater parting of the wires
        Chris xx
        My Website
        My Blog

Comment

My man ties knots for me when I haven't left enough thread (using two pairs of tweezers - surgeons knots he learnt whilst at doctor school) he's very good. However, other than commenting on my colour combos, i can't get him to have any further interest in the beading........ would love it if he would string stuff together too!
          www.beadlab.com

Comment

lovely combination of stones.. well done to your hubby!
            Visit my blog Meridian Ariel or my Etsy Shop

Comment

Well done to auntynets hubby - they look really good.

I wish I could get OH to help out a bit sometimes, he is very supportive and takes an interest (and has a very good eye for colour/texture combos), if I could just teach him to turn neat loops on headpins I could put him to work on making a few pieces.
              Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
              Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
              www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.

Just to clarify a few points . . . . .

My hubby is Urbtaf - also a member of the forum (in fact he joined before me) and the reason not many of you may know him is cos he can't get on the poooooter cos I'm always on.

Chris, those little findings are "S" shaped - he just put them back to back to create a Y shape.

Gill - you know full well that the only time I'm allowed out of the cellar is to work the market with him and on days off I'm only allowed out once I've done enough work to satisfy him
                Auntynet

Comment

That's really lovely

DH wants me to get a PMC kit as he wants to have a go too. He's made a few things, mainly bracelets on cord for himself, which all turned out quite well.
                  Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
                  http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
                  http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

Originally posted by Babushka View Post
                    DH wants me to get a PMC kit as he wants to have a go too.
                    I just checked them out on Argentice site and I reckon my DH would love one of those. Is the kit for £47.95 a good buy for a beginner? And would I need to get him anything else to go with it. I'm thinking about xmas early.
                    Auntynet

Comment

Looks like quite a comprehensive kit
                      I'd maybe also get some Badger Balm.
                      PMC is quite sticky and clings to surfaces, fingers etc
                      Badger Balm helps stop it sticking...

A little tiny airtight pot would be useful too. Any leftover PMC "scraps"
                      or stuff that gets too dry to work, can be put into this with a drop or two of water...
                      Your scrap can then be used as "paste" PMC, used to fill cracks
                      in work, join breaks or even (if you end up with lots) paint it onto
                      small leaves and make an exact duplicate!

Nic x
                      **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
                      Different prize every month
                      Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
                      PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Thanks again for more tips. (I'd give you more rep power but I've "got to spread it around".
                        Auntynet

Comment

Well done Auntynets hubby!!!!!!! They are lovely!!
                          http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Very stylish bracelets, pass on my appreciation to Urbtaf!

Si.
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

What a clever guy, they are fab
                              Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Working...
                              X