First attempt - wool web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempt - wool web

Ok i know its not the official name for it but i like that name better! This is my first attempt so its not great. I got the middle wrong as i didnt take the wool to the front each time! I got better as i went on though. The shape of the twigs made it a little difficult and some of the designs look off centre! Plus i didnt think too far ahead with the colours. Stil,l i like it!

Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Lovely and cheerful so do not knock it. Have you decided on where it is to go or is it a gift or is it for sale?

Rosemary

Comment

At the moment its just somethng for my house. But i want to get better at it and sell them. I want to get other material and put that in it and get otehr natural things like leaves and such too!

Im liking weaving type crafts i think. I loved the basket making and the webs. I would love to try using a loom (sp?). My dad had one when i was younger and made tapastries.
      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

I think it looks good. I wouldn't worry about it being "off centre" it makes it look rustic - which I think is a nice quality to it.
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Its lovely - I wouldnt worry about it being a bit off centre, I think I prefer it that way anyhow.
          xx

Comment

I like it, you've tempted me I might just have a go. It's probably harder than it looks.
            Carol
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

That is fab for beginer you'll soon be making them as fancy as they were on that web site.
              "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
              my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

That is really great. Like it :0
                My blog :
                www.makateria.blogspot.com

My shop :
                www.makateria.etsy.com

Comment

Love the colours

I have a table loom upstairs - it's takes so long to set up, but is very addictive!
                  incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                  ___

Comment

This is so sweet.....I love the way it looks like it's ancient, but new!!

I've got to do one....

Jode x
                    To see our handmade bath and beauty productcs, all made with fair trade organic oils and butters, please click the link to our Etsy shop below:
                    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5184519

Love & Bubbles
                    Jode
                    x

Comment

I gave it to my sister Il make more better ones!

Comment

Oh thats a nice thing to do, spreading the love
                        To see our handmade bath and beauty productcs, all made with fair trade organic oils and butters, please click the link to our Etsy shop below:
                        http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5184519

Love & Bubbles
                        Jode
                        x

Comment

Lucky sister, I love the colours you've used.
                          Amanda
                          xx

Comment

I like it

I think it looks a litle better being slightly off centre, as others have said, it makes it a bit more 'rustic' and crafted looking.

I love the colours you have used as well.

Claire
                            Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                            Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                            www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

thats great.. love the vibrant colours. I remeber making them when I was a kid, in school when all the other kids went on a paid outting that we coloudn't afford... so me and 3 other kids got to mess around with various crafts, to make webs and use hama beads to make naff fridge magnates.
                              Visit my blog Meridian Ariel or my Etsy Shop

Comment

Working...
                              X