My latest project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest project

I've been trying to master this kind of simple weave-type pattern for ages now and suddeny it just all clicked and this is the result.

Took me about 3 hours to do but I reckon with practice I could eventually get it down to around 2 hours.

The burning question is "how much do I charge for it?" The findings are all plated and the beads are mostly 4mm clear AB FP czech glass with the exception of the 6mm beads at the end of all the drops so the materials cost me well under £10.

I'm also considering making it in Swarovski but the only thing that puts me off is the fact that its made with rounds and they are more expensive than bicones. Still, it would look pretty good in the glass cabinet wouldn't it.

I'm definitely going to make it up using glass pearls . . . . . one day.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

that is beautiful i dont know what you should charge but make sure you add in your time into the price im sure others will have a better idea on the pricing of your jewellry
    Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

That looks gorgeous!! Well done you!
      Trish

Comment

How can you say that's simple??? It's absolutely gorgeous (and looks very complicated!). I've no idea what you should charge for it, it looks really elegant and expensive, so, don't undercharge whatever you do
        Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Look very pretty, very good
          Mod edited - not UK Crafts related

Comment

that is really gorgeous
            My blog :
            www.makateria.blogspot.com

My shop :
            www.makateria.etsy.com

Comment

That's lovely
              Chris xx
              My Website
              My Blog

Comment

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Debbie x
                Debbie
                www.justoneoff.co.uk

Comment

Absolutely stunning!!! Would be gorgeous for a bride!! Pearls or crystals will look gorgeous!!!! Sue.xx
                  http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

That's a really gorgeous piece of jewellery - well done you!

When it comes to pricing, I think you need to bear in mind not just what the raw materials cost you but also what your time costs you. If you judge it at say £5.52 an hour (which is minimum wage), add on the cost of your raw materials and add another couple of quid onto that to cover heating/lighting etc does that sound like a fair amount? Personally I'd think that as long as you are sure of the quality, you can pretty much name your price for such a beautiful piece.

Good luck!
                    www.blottedcopybook.co.uk

Comment

That looks beautiful, auntynet

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine View Post
                        That looks beautiful, auntynet
                        Thanks for that. It was . . . . . till anonymous decided to cut the wire right in the middle of the centrepiece. Happened in broad daylight too and no-one saw who dunnit. Goldy1 noticed it when she was visiting me on the stall.

It can be repaired cos it was done in sections but I haven't got round to doing it yet.
                        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
                        X