Resin mice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resin mice

Anyone who works with resin knows it's better to mix too much for the job rather than too little. Rather than discard the excess, I pour it into a beaker and keep topping it up with the 'dregs' until full. Then it's on the lathe and 'turned' into a mouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwVPorsb8Ho&t=85s

Fred.

Fred, they are lovely little creatures. I particularly like the way you have positioned and used the striations within the material you're working with, and the stars on the noses and bums are so cute! You will, henceforth, be known as the 21st century mouseman!
    Thank you for showing them

Linda

Comment

Just had a look, great job Fred!

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
        Just had a look, great job Fred!

Dave.
        Thanks Dave.

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post
        Fred, they are lovely little creatures. I particularly like the way you have positioned and used the striations within the material you're working with, and the stars on the noses and bums are so cute! You will, henceforth, be known as the 21st century mouseman!
        Thank you for showing them

Linda
        Thanks Linda, when I am filling the beaker with the layers I lean it to get different angles then once the mouse shape is created I turn it around in my hand to see which side to flatten for the base. It's the same with the wood mice, I never know which way up they will sit until they are almost finished.

DSC_0087.JPG ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
        X