Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• labels - Homemade Gift Tag

Hi All,

I am a newbie to craft and looking for some advice.

I previously order and made to Order some gift tag from an Etsy Seller, but with Covid 19 and more time on my own, thought that it would be fun to do these myself as I have inherited a printer from a friend.

I can get the twine easily on Amazon and the craft paper too on amazon, and sort out the design myself - but what about the cutting? and the hole making?

Wondering what people are using for this?

Many thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Hi, you can create the design and label shape on any graphic design program, Inkscape is free to download, Plenty of YT tutorials, reduce the design size to your label size, copy it to file, cut it out with scissors, use a hole punch for foolscap paper (2 holes but only use one) to punch the hole.

Dave.

Comment

I doubt you could buy nicer tags than these so if you are thinking of making all of your own tags you could invest about £10 in a Tag Punch. Lots of choices out there.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Pegu 17 View Post
        I doubt you could buy nicer tags than these so if you are thinking of making all of your own tags you could invest about £10 in a Tag Punch. Lots of choices out there.

Fred
        Hi Fred,

I did not realised that gadget did exist! :-) So you get your sheet printed, and then you cut with scissors / Cuter first before to finalize it with the tag punch? is that how it work?

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
          Hi, you can create the design and label shape on any graphic design program, Inkscape is free to download, Plenty of YT tutorials, reduce the design size to your label size, copy it to file, cut it out with scissors, use a hole punch for foolscap paper (2 holes but only use one) to punch the hole.

Dave.
          Thanks Dave for the recommendation - Gonna look at this in more detail! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy2020 View Post

Hi Fred,

I did not realised that gadget did exist! :-) So you get your sheet printed, and then you cut with scissors / Cuter first before to finalize it with the tag punch? is that how it work?
            That just about sums it up.

Comment

Working...
            X