HI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI

I'm a new member and I'm looking forward to improving my Pyrography.

I'd like to seal the wood after burning but I don't know what is the best varnish/spray to use.

All advice is very welcome.

Hi Steve - I've responded on your other post, but for matters concerning wood the "go to" man is Pete (Bodrighy Wood). Pete isn't a regular poster, but I suspect he lurks more than he posts and I'm sure he'll do what he can to advise you.

Linda

Comment

Hi Steve. It rather depends on what the piece is going to be used for, what wood the decoration is on and the look / finish you are going for i.e highly shiny, matt, satin etc.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post
        Hi Steve - I've responded on your other post, but for matters concerning wood the "go to" man is Pete (Bodrighy Wood). Pete isn't a regular poster, but I suspect he lurks more than he posts and I'm sure he'll do what he can to advise you.

Linda
        Lurk? Moi?

As Mo said depends on what the wood is and what the end ourpose is. Personally \i don't use varnish as such but prefer hard wax polished such as microcrystalline or canauba if it is indoors. Outdoors then some oil such as teak is fine. I have used yacht varnish on signs but to be honest they need replenshing as often as oil and are more fuss.

You could try melamine spray, oit is a good general purpose lacquer that can giive a good finish if used carefully.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
        X