Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraising and new to making wooden sign plaques HELP

Hi,
    I am planning to fundraiser by making wooden plaques and is so new to this.I have bought the pre cut wooden MDF.How do I get the white,light blue and light pink on the wood.I am thinking of using Aryclic paint.Where I can get it? Can I just paint white on the wood straight?I don't seem to find lighter color paint?What do I mix with to get a lighter shade?Ahh I know,too many questions.I hope somebody will be able to help.Thank you

Hiya...I've just been painting mdf shapes too and used white acrylic paint first of all,two coats were fine. You can get acrylic paint in every colour under the sun!! Art shops sell them in little bottles and you may have to go to those shops for the more unusual colours..white acrylic is widely available,I get mine really cheaply in my local bargain book shop that sells all sorts of crafty stuff too. I also buy cheap sponge dabber type brushes to paint with. Good luck with the fundraising!

Comment

Thank you.Do you the Difference between titanium white and White? I seem to find more of the Titanium one.

Comment

Hi! I use acrylic paints from my local boundary mills store and you will find light pinks and blues there. If you have a wilkinsons store near you they have acrylic in but only dark blue red and white, u could mix dark blue and the white and red and white to get the exact shades you want.

Comment

I read somewhere to paint a water/pva mix on first, and then lightly sand before painting colours. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Comment

I paint and decorate mdf shapes and letters. I use the small bottles of artists acrylic which comes in a huge range of colours, but if you want a lighter colour than you can buy then you can try mixing with white until you get the shade you require . I have done this many times and it has worked well.

Comment

Working...
            X