Picture frame supplier needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture frame supplier needed

Does anyone on here know of a UK company who make large wooden picture frames? I have been asked to make a personalised frame which is over A3 in size and my most recent supplier does not seem to be answering emails at the moment.

I need a handmade frame (hopefully in beech or a similar paler wood) as they don't get treated with heavy nasty varnishes which makes it difficult for me to burn designs on.

Any suggestions for websites or contacts appreciated!

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

There was someone on here who made me an A3 frame just before Christmas.

His username was wonkytoad, not sure if he'll be able to help?!

Otherwise i don't know. Sorry!
    Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Debeadz View Post
      There was someone on here who made me an A3 frame just before Christmas.

His username was wonkytoad, not sure if he'll be able to help?!

Otherwise i don't know. Sorry!
      Aaah, yes, Monsieur Wonkytoad... I took a look at his website when he joined up, I will have another look now to see if he has what I need!
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

I have used the Ready Made Picture Frame Company before, and would recommend, I don't know if they have exactly what you want but thought it might be worth a look. I think the site is readymadepictureframe.com - hope its helpful.
        www.truebloom.blogspot.com
        www.truebloom.co.uk
        My Etsy Shop

Comment

In the words of Bono, I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I need quite a specific frame really, around A3 in size made of beech or similar and hopefully with a 2 inch wide frame.

Any more suggestions for suppliers very much appreciated!!

Si.
          Wood Tattoos
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Wouldn't an ordinary high-street picture framer do one ?

You wouldn't have to pay postage then either.....
            Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
              Wouldn't an ordinary high-street picture framer do one ?

You wouldn't have to pay postage then either.....
              I am off on a High Street trawl on my next day off. The only problem is a lot of frames are so heavily varnished these days that they might as well be made from plastic. They are absolute hell to burn designs into and the smell is terrible as well.

I just want a nice plain wooden frame... you wouldn't have thought it was too much to ask for!

Si.
              Wood Tattoos
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

wilkinsons do cheap large frames, for how cheap they are would it be worth sanding the varnish off?
                Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
                I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Originally posted by Kay View Post
                  wilkinsons do cheap large frames, for how cheap they are would it be worth sanding the varnish off?
                  Ideally I want a nice wooden frame that I haven't had to sand down. You can't beat the feel of properly finished plain wood.

Also it's a fairly large commission so I want to get a decent frame to work on.
                  Wood Tattoos
                  Facebook
                  Flickr
                  Twitter

Comment

I dunno if this is any help but I've bought some frames off the shelf at a garden centre made by a firm called FramePak based in Chelmsford. I specifically needed frames with depth for decoupage but they seem to do a big range of all styles of frames, some nice big sizes available & pretty reasonable prices too, not sure if theyre the finish you need though but maybe worth a looksee

Happy Hunting
                    Shaz x
                    Keepsake Kollections
                    & Rossendale Ramblings!
                    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Might be worth trying Steve at Kipper Workshops?
                      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
                        I dunno if this is any help but I've bought some frames off the shelf at a garden centre made by a firm called FramePak based in Chelmsford. I specifically needed frames with depth for decoupage but they seem to do a big range of all styles of frames, some nice big sizes available & pretty reasonable prices too, not sure if theyre the finish you need though but maybe worth a looksee

Happy Hunting
                        Shaz x
                        Framepak? I'm in Chelmsford and have never heard of them - am off to check them out as I too need decent wooden frames
                        Sarah
                        For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Good Luck, I hope they fit the bill for you too. I was looking for box frames to fit multi layer decoupage pieces in & was finding it really difficult until I found these FramePak recess frames. They do the job, look pretty impressive, are inexpensive & readily available in a variety of shades - theyve sorted my problem out anyway, thats for sure!

Cheers
                          Shaz x
                          Keepsake Kollections
                          & Rossendale Ramblings!
                          http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Hobbycraft? I know they sell frames !

Comment

not sure it will help but the clubframeco.com, (cant post url yet), company supply everything to make your own. you could even make and sell yourself?
                              Darren

www.turnerpens.com

Comment

Working...
                              X