Another addition to my repertoire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another addition to my repertoire

Not sure if we have any spinners on here, hand or wheel so this may be of tremendous interest to no-one LOL.
    I make quite a lot of various tools for spinners, fabric crafters etc and am often getting asked to make a spindle I haven't done before or tools I have never heard of. I have done Russian and Siberian spindles before but these were a new one to me. They are Bulgarian support spindles. 10" long, two in holly one in walnut. The holly ones weigh 27 and 37 gms and the walnut weighs 46 gms.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

I'm not a spinner, but I think those spindles look lovely.
    "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

They do look good - but I am 100% guaranteed to say that, treen lover that I am!

I was hoping OH would make me some weaving stick things, sadly his operation date (carpel tunnel) came early and he is now sporting a lovely grubby bandage and demanding I open things for him.

I'll look on your site and see if you do any.... get ready for a rush
      Do not watch this space

Comment

Hi Stef. If you mean these then yes I make them but don't have any on my website at the moment. I can easily make some up PM me if you want them.
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Thanks for the offer, when my PayPal is back online I shall probably pm you, credit card got hacked and I need to go through my online stuff and update it. Thankfully the card was only used for online purchases and had a really low limit - that and the bank phoned me whilst someone was trying to use my details.

But it may be a while, too much going on in the day job for a week or so!
          Last edited by StefC; 16-02-2013, 11:10 AM.
          Do not watch this space

Comment

Working...
          X