Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed- Plaques making classes needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed- Plaques making classes needed!!

Hi all. I am new here and been reading the threads with interest. I am interested in learning how to make wooden plaques, personalised name plaques and vintage and distressed signs. I have scoured the internet for classes but all to no end. The closest I see are woodworking courses.

Can someone offer to give me classes? I am willing to pay. I live in Herts and can travel within a reasonable distance.

Thanks

they are very simple to do, get some mdf board, seal it with a sealer, drill a hole in the top corners, paint it whatever colour you want, embellish with some of the thousands of embelishments you can buy or make yourself, write a simple message or childs name on it in complimentary paint/ink and tie string through the holes and hang it up..

there £45 pound please...lol

Comment

I presume you are going to use a scroll saw to make your plaques and name signs. Have you already got a scroll saw, if you have not got one be careful what you buy, a good one is expensive. Using the scroll saw for the first time can be difficult but its quite easy once you get the hang of it. I teach people to use the scroll saw and would love to help you but I am in Wales. The last person I taught I do so through skype and e-mails and now she is doing very well and selling at craft fairs.

Comment

i think this person is on about the painted ones regularly seen on various sites for sale, mostly personalised for new babies or some other event..

Originally posted by Fretnot View Post
        I presume you are going to use a scroll saw to make your plaques and name signs. Have you already got a scroll saw, if you have not got one be careful what you buy, a good one is expensive. Using the scroll saw for the first time can be difficult but its quite easy once you get the hang of it. I teach people to use the scroll saw and would love to help you but I am in Wales. The last person I taught I do so through skype and e-mails and now she is doing very well and selling at craft fairs.

Comment

Thanks all. Cabincrafts, that is exactly what I was after. The baby letter ones and simple plaques with messages e.g. 'Please remove your shoes signs'. Any help on how to go about this greatly appreciated.

Comment

i would use acrylic craft paint for the base, and buy one of the paint/ sharpie type pens for the wording, the embellishment are purely your choice depending on what you are writing at the time, if you look around on the net you will see loads to inspire you..

have fun...

Comment

Thanks Cabincraft. I will have a go at it and hopefully in the New Year, I will be able to upload some of my work.

Comment

Working...
              X