Sealing MDF ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealing MDF ........

I used MDF Sealer last night on my MDF shapes and this morning they're sticky, is this normal? Do you think they need another coat?

make sure after the application its warm where the mdf is, i usually use white PVA mixed 50/50 with water, works a treat..

Comment

Was just in the house but maybe isn't the warmest at nights. Wonder if I could use the pva and water now ontop of the sealer?

Comment

I've got car spray paint to use on the wooden plaques, what would you use?

Comment

don't put on anything else until the first coat is thoroughly dry or you may get some nasty chemical reaction.
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

They've been drying for 12 hours now, is that long enough? Just says a couple of house to leave it

Comment

if it is still tacky then you'll need to leave longer. it could be to do with the damp air.
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Hi, I use a purpose made sealer for mdf and it's dry in about an hour and ready for sanding. I believe mdf gives off formaldehyde which may affect the top coat. However, I find that i need a few coats of spray clear coat to get the required finish.
                www.facebook.com/CraftyCath

Comment

Yeah I use mdf sealer, I do it last thing at night once the kids are in bed and its dry by morning.
                  I did notice once I spray paint the plaques they go bitty on top but the paint will not take to the sides atol, don't know what else to try.

What kind of glue can I use to stick things onto the wood once its painted?

Comment

Working...
                  X