Holy orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy orders

I turn a lot of goblets, this one was based on a medieval style with wooden cabochons (yes I made them as well LOL) It was bought by a vicar as a communion cup for the Easter services as he liked the fact that it was wood and medieval in style. Wants a plate to match for the wafers.

I turn these in green oak and leave to warp, split etc. Usually don't get much in the way of split though some do take on rather unique shapes across the top at times lol

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Lucious - handturned wood and medieval style can't be beaten.
    As for hand made wooden cabochons - you's a clever clogs!!!!! )

Linda

Comment

It really looks lovely. What a lucky congregation that vicar is going to have!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Holy wafers goblet man, nice...hegus
        Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
        I turn a lot of goblets, this one was based on a medieval style with wooden cabochons (yes I made them as well LOL) It was bought by a vicar as a communion cup for the Easter services as he liked the fact that it was wood and medieval in style. Wants a plate to match for the wafers.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]33907[/ATTACH]

I turn these in green oak and leave to warp, split etc. Usually don't get much in the way of split though some do take on rather unique shapes across the top at times lol

Pete

Comment

Working...
        X