Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminating photo on to mdf clock blank

Hi
    First I want to apologise if this is in the wrong section, didnt know where to put my query for the best.

I want to put a photo on to a clock face mdf blank. Looking around this is often described as 'laminating'. But not sure what that means in this instance.

There will be a few and a repeat order, so I need an economical method, one thats speedy, and cost effective.

Is it by hand with a varnish, or is it the sort of lamination that we get for instance laminating paper where it gets heat sealed in a plastic type sleeve, but obviously on a bigger scale.

The finish is important, i want a bright, colourful clear finish.

Hope that has explained my query, and if anyone can help or at least point me in the right direction i would be so grateful.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Phil

Hi

Don't see why this would not be the right section, others might disagree

OK...lets review your query... what are the photos to be printed on? it might be a good idea to consider printing them on clear self adhesive film, that way you could crop the resulting film to the clock face! The transparent film some art/print suppliers supply would allow mounting directly onto the face which could be pre finished with anything your imagination allows, within practicably terms that is.
    Digital transfer direct to wood/mdf is another idea, best give me a PM on that one as I'm not allowed to include internet sites on my posts yet

If you think these ideas are worth exploring, pop on a reply and we should be able to brainstorm this a bit further until you get what you want...hegus
    Last edited by hegus; 03-12-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X