more funghi fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more funghi fun

I like turning these mushrooms as they are almost therapy but there are a lot out there that are really more like cotton reels than mushrooms and so I try to get more realistic with mine. Have a look at this folks. This one in particular was chosen as it is inexpensive beechwood that was other wise very plain whereas the yew mushrooms I would not want to do this to as I think they look fine without! I have tinkered with a permanent marker to add some detail but what I want to know is this: Does it add to the realism or is it merely unecessary ornamentation? let me know what you think!

Cheers all!

Duke

mushroom test.jpg
    Asking me to make you a shelf is like asking Michealangelo to creosote your fence.

http://www.woodsweatandtrees.co.uk

Lovely, I think I would prefer it without the marker, but its not easy to say from a photo as it probably looks natural in "real life".
    sally

Comment

Originally posted by just sally View Post
      Lovely, I think I would prefer it without the marker, but its not easy to say from a photo as it probably looks natural in "real life".
      sally
      Yes, I agree with that.

Linda

Comment

A little bit too fake for me.
        I've seen the mushroom edges done like that for real using a branch with the bark still insitu.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Another vote here for au naturelle!
          Do not watch this space

Comment

I also think it looks a bit false. What about putting in some groves with a file, just to soften the edges ?

Melanie

Comment

Oh no Duke!
              No, no, no!
              I love your fungi just as it is and adding marker on it to me is definately a no go area.
              Nuf said
              Karin

If I ain't on here, I'm crafting

http://mariasramblings-mariaz.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Would wood-burned details look better? It looks good "from a distance" until you see it close and realize it's drawn on...but burned on might look terrific!

Comment

Working...
                X