Does anyone know of an adapter kit for a scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of an adapter kit for a scroll saw

I have a B&Q scroll saw and I am looking for an adapter kit so that I can use flat ended blades
    Yours
    Ivor

Hi Ivor and to the forum.

I've moved your question to the Wood section of the forum as I think you're more likely to get a response there.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi Ivor & welcome to the craft forums, scroll sawing isn't my strong point. I have one but only use it occasionally. you may want to try some of the tool forums that are about http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/?...12de690bee3021 you are more likley to get the answer you want there.

Hope that helps.

Drew
      Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
      our Facebook page
      follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

Comment

Hi to the forum. This maybe some help. Here is a clamp for Draper fretsaws, it MAY be possible to adapt them to fit the B&Q machine.

Somehow I doubt that B&Q have a adaptor for their saw, but it would be worth a quick phone call before trying something else.

Good luck!
        regards

Tam "now a hobby woodturner"

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. (John Ruskin 1819-1900)

Comment

B&Q are a waste of space for spare parts for tools they would much rather you throw them out and buy a new one. They also import most of their own brand stuff from the far east. I hope they burn out within a year of getting them if I buy their cheap range and keep the receipt so I can just replace it.

Drew
          Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
          our Facebook page
          follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

Comment

Hello Ivor, I've posted a simular question today, i know there is a conversion kit, my saw is Ferm ffz-400n rather cheap sort (about £30) single speed, switch on & go, and a smooth runner .Got mine from screwfix about six or seven years ago,but, new out of the box a couple of months ago. As soon as i know anything i will post it...Alf

Comment

Working...
            X