Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly decorated Ash vase!

Hi all
    Had another go with my stencil cutter on a vase I turned the other day with hopefully another Japanese theme to it. I wondered for a while about getting rid of the small bark piece on the side but then I had the notion as the rings lead you to it that it was really the heart of the vase and it didn`t want to go just yet so I left it on :hmm: Added a little bit of pyro to the bottom edge of the lid.

C&C welcome as usual!
    Cheers
    Steve]

Looks like good work Steve. My only criticism.ks.that opportunitylooks a bit heavy for a Japanese style ppt. Maybe if the final area was more deli ate? Personally I think that you are right to leave the bark in place.
    Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

I like the base of the vase with the bark on and the writting down the side. Not sure about the top/lid design though for a Japanese container, looks like the top of a ginger jar with an add on. Nicely turned though.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I really like this... it looks like a chopstick decoration that Geishas use in their hair on the lid and the graphics are lovely!

Comment

Thanks Pete yes I do keep looking at the lid/finial and wondering about the size of it maybe something a wee bit smaller.

Glad you like it Mo, yes I see a ginger jar now

Cheers Ellie, I seem to be getting the hang of my little Craft Robo gadget now!

Regards
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X