Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to paint perfect dots on wooden shapes (like hearts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to paint perfect dots on wooden shapes (like hearts)

Hi,
    I wasn't sure whether to post in this section or the paint section, so Im trying both

Ive decided to try painting wooden shapes and I wondered how on earth do people paint perfect polkadots on wooden hearts etc...? I can't for the life of me work out how to do it, I imagine stencils would be messy and easy to do wrong.

Can anyone help please? Also are acrylic paints the best to use?

Thanks x

best tips, good med firm brush.
    Load it with paint and it should be loaded so that you almost feel there is too much on.
    Hold brush upright.
    bring directly but lightly onto the surface.
    continue to press slightly further then draw the brush directly upwards.
    you should leave almost a dollop of paint behind that will dry into a dot.

This technique improves with practice.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thanks for explaining how to do it, i think Ill be trying that on pieces of paper first!

Thanks again

Comment

We recommend using the handle end of the paint brush. Find brushes with different sized handles for different sized dots. Dip the handle in a supply of paint and dot on the required surface. There are also circular sponges that you can buy called dabbers or sponge-its (although these tend to leave a slightly textured finish). Here's a few pictures using this technique:

Door Plaque
        Baby Keepsakes
        Wooden shelves

As regards acrylic paints, there are lots of brands. We can supply a sample or small paint pot set if you want to try the DecoArt brand.

Good luck with it all ... and don't forget to post pictures of your finished work.
        COUNTRY LOVE CRAFTS - 01235 861700
        Ceramic Supplies, Craft Blanks, Acrylic Paints, Decopatch and Much More! Global shipping. Speedy Deliveries.
        Facebook * Twitter * Website * E-mail *

Comment

have posted a comment on the other thread :-)
          http://www.freckles-designs.co.uk/
          http://www.facebook.com/FrecklesDesigns

Comment

Originally posted by CountryLoveCrafts View Post
            We recommend using the handle end of the paint brush. Find brushes with different sized handles for different sized dots. Dip the handle in a supply of paint and dot on the required surface. There are also circular sponges that you can buy called dabbers or sponge-its (although these tend to leave a slightly textured finish). Here's a few pictures using this technique:

As regards acrylic paints, there are lots of brands. We can supply a sample or small paint pot set if you want to try the DecoArt brand.

Good luck with it all ... and don't forget to post pictures of your finished work.
            Hi,
            Thanks for the pictures, using the end of a paint brush does seem like a good idea, Ill just have to see if I can do it properly! How much would a paint pot set be? Would be great to be able to try the paint out.

Thanks

Comment

Happy to send a sample FREE .. whoops ... I should have said that. Just email your contact details and mention "Craft Forum, Jenny".
              COUNTRY LOVE CRAFTS - 01235 861700
              Ceramic Supplies, Craft Blanks, Acrylic Paints, Decopatch and Much More! Global shipping. Speedy Deliveries.
              Facebook * Twitter * Website * E-mail *

Comment

Working...
              X