No announcement yet.

Burr piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a burr oak bowl my late father made a few years ago. At one time you could co into any sawmill and buy the big lumps for £10 and you could make these beutiful bowls and things out of them. My father was a brilliant craftsman and artist who was from lancashire and managed to get to the Royal Colege of Art and was in the scultpture school for a time with some of the top names in the 1950s. He loved making big thick objects but had and elegance and sculptural quality. I have quite a few bit of burr but they have almost become sort of landscape feature and I use one to photograph work on. Thanks for your coments. Very wet and miserable outside on cue for Wimbledon. Regards Lozz
    Last edited by Turn That; 20-06-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Wow, isn't that beautiful!

Comment

I must say, a 2 m diameter turning all becomes a bit of a burden pants! I hope that your turn is bolted well ... lol. Judging by the picture, you can always do it through the foot and two planks and do some pretty winged bowls perhaps?
        Signature removed - not crafts related

Comment

Wow..! Look forward to seeing what you do with this..! I've been given a couple of similar pieces recently, but even though they are beautiful, they are not so good for pyro work..!

Comment

Working...
          X