Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorch
    replied
    Or, if they're all the same, make a jig for routing just this size of circle. Your neighbour probably knows how... and if not, googling for "router circle" gives a ton of advice on several ways to do it. Have some scrap to practice on, though!

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    replied
    A router seems to be what you need. If you are using it yourself then you would be better with a 1/4 collet size. They are most suited for the beginner. You also get a 1/2 size which are aimed at the professional more experienced user.

You can also buy a router Guide Kit which will cut perfect cirlces in wood. However they are not cheap.

Leave a comment:

• bodrighy
    replied
    Originally posted by rejb68 View Post
    Thanks Pete. My next door neighbour is a bit of a woodworker and has a router - he's retired and loves to have a go with things so maybe I'll ask him to try it for me. He's bandsawed some things for me in the past so very willing.

I see you've got a Dylan quote in you sig - you a fan? I've seen him in concert 13 times

Roz
    I used to be a big fan but never got to see him live. Mostly his early works though.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• rejb68
    replied
    Thanks Pete. My next door neighbour is a bit of a woodworker and has a router - he's retired and loves to have a go with things so maybe I'll ask him to try it for me. He's bandsawed some things for me in the past so very willing.

I see you've got a Dylan quote in you sig - you a fan? I've seen him in concert 13 times

Roz

Leave a comment:

• bodrighy
    replied
    By your description a router would do the job but they aren't cheap for a decent one and not the easiest of tools to use. Very useful once you have got the nack though

Pete

Leave a comment:

• rejb68
    started a topic Is a router what I need??

Is a router what I need??

Hi - another wood question - or MDF in fact <blush>...

I've been given some really strange shapes of 12 mm MDF - all I can think to make with them are fancy mirror frames. I've found some round mirrors which would go nicely in the middle but I think they'd be better inset than just glued on the top. I'd need to make a hole just a couple of mm deep to inset the mirrors but have no idea how to do it. Would a router do it? And, if so, how difficult is it to get a perfect(ish) circle with a router?

Roz
Working...
X