Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any scroll saw experts? need help finding a part.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any scroll saw experts? need help finding a part.

Hiya I need advice on a replacment part that I can't seem to find. You know the small bellows that pumps air to blow away the sawdust? thats the bit I can't find. after blowing sawdust away its beginning to get like a chore and didn't realise how much value this little part had lol. I am in the middle of trying to fit a small battery hand held fan but it's not ideal so if anyone could help me find the part I need I would be eternally gratefull.

Drew
    Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
    our Facebook page
    follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

It will depend on the make of your machine, but I managed to get one for mine from machine mart.

The other option, is to look at web sites for the name of the manufacturer of the machine, that usually throws up a few people who do spares and repair etc.

regards
    John
    www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk

Comment

You should be able to purchase the blower from the manufacturer.

What make is it.

Comment

Its a Power G 85w never heard of it before as I picked it up at a carboot a couple of years ago. I did see someone say to just buy a fishtank pump on another forum and set it up to blow for different saws.

Drew
        our Facebook page

Comment

I have never heard of that make to be honest.

There is record power which produce scrollsaw machines. BandQ also do a performance power scroll saw. Never used any of them, although record power have been going for over a hundred years and make some decent stuff.

Comment

I have an old scroll saw that I was given and there is no indication on it at all regarding maker, serial number or anything. Works, though only single speed so I am not too worried (cost was good as well LOL.)

If the pressure on your blower is anything like mine a fish tank pump would be adequate I'd have thought, just hook the tubing up and away you go.
            "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
            Facebook

Website

Comment

I picked it up from a carboot brand new never used for 30quid so i was happy, its a single speed one aswell but does the job. I will hunt around for a fishtank pump as its becoming a pain trying to find the small bellows type thing. The band saw deals with all my other bigger work but i have recently been asked to do some cut outs for someone and my lungs are knackered from all the blowing and i should be wearing a mask as its mdf so probably even more knackerd now inhaling the dust.

Drew
              our Facebook page

Comment

Working...
              X